Prolouge

On July nineteenth 2006, I was born. The long awaited, most desired daughter. When i was born, I already had two permanent best friends by my side, two older brothers. One of them, the oldest, was already ten years old as he got to stroke my little head, that didn't even had hair on it yet. Second, with the age difference of seven years from me, admired me, saw me as the most beautiful thing on earth. At least that's what momma said. Daddy always claimed that they were so fed up with each other, that they begged momma to have another baby, a girl, the one that they always wanted.

And here I am, Bridget 'Birdie' Baker.

But to cut the amazing story, my parents couldn't enjoy their desired baby for long. I was only barely eleven years old, when an accident took them both away from me. It had almost taken my oldest brother too, but he just ended up with a scar. But our parents are not there anymore.

We have been living together since then. My brothers got full custody of me in court, because we didn't really had anyone else than ourselves. We started living together in a house that my parents once bought, somewhere far away from our childhood town.

After all, they promised to always protect me, That i would be their first priority in everything. That they would look out for me.

They kept their word, i promise, momma.

The oldest brother, currently twenty seven years old, Percy, mockingly called 'Jackson' because of the beloved mythical son of Poseidon. They bear no resemblance at all, yet the nickname quickly caught on. A boxer by profession, tall, muscular, scary looking guy, even though he is a complete gentle giant in private. He was the biggest nightmare of all the guy's i've been with. Maybe that's for the better...

The second brother, Osh, Full name Ocean. He is twenty four, a singer in a band that often just plays in our garage, but sometimes they are hired for small parties or even weddings! He's described by others as a terrifying guy, never smiling, showing no emotion at all. But when i hear anyone calling him that, i immediately know that they don't know Osh at all. He was the one who spent countless nights with me after our parents' accident, while Percy still lay in hospital. He sacrificed his school hours for me,  he was absent from school for couple weeks just to take care of me. He was only eighteen back then, just six years ago, and i still sometimes hear him crying himself to sleep.

I am now almost his age, and i know i couldn't do it like he did. Like they both did.

Momma and Daddy would be so proud.

They promised that i would be safe.

I am. Really, i am.