°𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖊𝖑𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓

Your eyes were strained as you blinked slowly, trying to get rid of the fuzziness to comprehend the scene in front of you. Your head was killing you and your ears were ringing.

"Marc Marc, she's not- oh my god what do I do? What did you" you could hear Steven's panicked voice along with laboured breaths.

"(Y/N), can you hear me" You heard Marc's voice now as your vision came clear and you felt yourself getting lost in dark eyes.

"Yeah, I can" you croaked softly, raising your hand to your head.

"Hey hey, don't touch it. You're going to be okay" Marc said softly.

This was a different side to him than the one you had seen so far. You could see the worry on his face. A cut was stretched from his bottom lip across his chin.

His rough hands were carefully placed on your shoulders as he helped you stand. It was at this point that you noticed the wreckage and rubble in the apartment. Whatever had happened made a serious mess.

"Marc, your apartment" you whispered, looking around. It hurt to move your neck.

He told you it would be okay once again while he led you to his bathroom. He sat you down on the toilet seat as he rummaged through the drawer under his sink. It began to register that this was all real. This was all happening.

Marc kneeled in front of you as he brushed a strand of your hair behind your ear. His jaw tightened as he pressed a cloth to your forehead. Blood seeped into the white cotton.

"I'm so sorry" he spoke, studying your eyes.

"Hey, it's not your fault. And now we have matching cuts" You smiled softly, lifting your finger to touch his chin lightly.

This was usually something Steven would laugh at. But Marc was different. He shook his head a bit but kept the stoic look on his face.

But, you cared for him. After all, whatever was part of Steven and who he was; was a part of Marc too. There had to be a reason why he struggled with having another personality.

"What happened?" You asked him, letting go of the bottom of his face as he stood.

It had seemed just a tiny cut was on your forehead but Marc treated you like glass. His touch was so soft and it lingered on your skin. You could feel it buzzing through you as he glanced in the mirror.

"Jackals. Huge killer creatures" he proclaimed, bringing water to the cut on his chin. 

You took the time to take in his figure. He wore black trousers and a grey t-shirt that was practically suffocating the muscles in his arms. Usually, you saw Steven sporting his beige coat over most outfits. You then noticed the large gash carved into his bicep. 

You stood and placed your hand on his arm. 

"Marc you're hurt" you whispered, gripping his wrist softly. 

"(Y/N)-" he began to protest, but you would not take no for an answer. You carefully guided him to sit on the toilet seat.

"Your turn" you chirped, rummaging through the first aid kid he'd taken out. 

Marc couldn't help but smile softly to himself. He watched you as tugged your bottom lip between your teeth. Your tongue darted out in concentration as you ran the stitching needle through his cut. He winced softly.

"Sorry!" you exclaimed.

"No, you're doing fine. Thank you" he responded as you finished stitching the cut. He reached forward and held your hands in his. 

"You need to stay away from me" he whispered. Memories of Layla stitching him up and mending his wounds flashed through his mind as he gazed at you. He would not let what had happened happen again. 

                                ┌── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┐𝖋𝖎𝖛𝖊 𝖞𝖊𝖆𝖗𝖘 𝖊𝖆𝖗𝖑𝖎𝖊𝖗┌── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┐

"LAYLA!" Marc screamed as he watched the jackal sink its teeth into the girl's neck. He scrambled towards her but it was too late. He was too late. He had lost her. 

He vowed that day to never allow himself to get close to anyone. To never let Steve get close to anyone. He could not take any more loss

                                         ┌── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┐𝖕𝖗𝖊𝖘𝖊𝖓𝖙┌── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┐

You furrowed your eyebrows, glancing down at your hands in his before gazing into his eyes. This had been the longest you and Marc had spent together. You got the sense that something had happened that made him so afraid to have you in his life. But you didn't care. 

Whatever this crazy Egyptian thing was; you wanted to be by his side for. You wanted to be by Steven's side. You kneeled so that your eyes met. 

"I'm not going anywhere"