Dear Diary, I'm tired

01/02/22

Dear Diary,

I'm highly disappointed in myself today.

I had expectations from the world, which I realised I shouldn't have had.

Hatred and criticism is something I'm used to so far, but am I wrong to expect the world to be a little kinder with me when the same often happens with those around me.

No, not my seniors.

I'm aware they've faced extreme criticism and hatred too.

Virat Bhaiya was called a failed captain for not having won his team the IPL Cup in sixteen years.

Mahi Bhai was hated despite his endless efforts, but at least has earned immense respect from fans.

Rohit Bhai had to go through a very tough grind as well.

But if I don't do well for once, I've never had the world go easy on me, and it stings to see when they sympathise with Yashasvi if he does not do well, or if they just ignore Abhishek's mistakes, but never fail to cast a blind eye to mine.

I'm tired, tired of trying to meet the world's expectations and failing at it.

Would I ever have an easy getaway?

——Present day——

" There's nothing about Mumma so far in this diary entry." Shanaya tsked with a cute frown, exactly like her Mother which made Shubman miss Sara all the more at the timebeing.

Shubman smiled at his daughter.

" You said this diary was solely about Mumma!"

" It is about her Shanaya."

" How did you...you..fall...fall in what?" Little Sharvil puckered his lips, desperately trying to recall something as his cheeks puffed up.

He looked absolutely adorable and Shubman couldn't help but chuckle and plant a peck on his plump cheek.

" Fall in love, little prince?"

" Yes yes!" He nodded his head enthusiastically.
" How did Mumma fall in love with you Dadda? You said Mumma...Mumma and you were not friends. If you are not friends that means you don't like each other, if there is no friendship, no liking. Then how did Mumma fall in love with you? Shah boo said, Mumma was always very pretty....she also called you ugly...." he trailed off and Shubman scoffed.

His sister was never going to stop ruining his image in his children's perspective, was she?

" But Dadda is not ugly little prince. Shah boo was probably teasing Dadda. Like Vamika Di teases Akaay Bhai?" Shanaya immediately stepped forward in her father's defence and Sharvil nodded.

" I don't like this dairy—"

" Diary Sharvil. Diary." Shanaya immediately corrected him

" But that is so confusing Di! How are Dairy and Diary different?"

" Diary is a book where you note down things Sharvil, Dairy means Milk and Milk products like yoghurt, cheese—"

" Cheese!" Sharvil's eyes lit up like crackers, easily distracted and his older sister shook her head.

Shubman breathed out a chuckle as ruffled his son's hair.

" Why do you not like this diary entry Sharvil?" Shanaya asked, bringing back his focus.

" Because it's sad sad. Hate is not nice. Mumma always says that. And Dadda is sad here. I don't like Mumma and Dadda sad. Dadda is the best! Why would people circise him? What is that? That's not a good thing right?"

" Criticise Sharvi, Criticise." Shanaya sighed, correcting his pronunciations.
" And no, it is not a nice thing."

" If it is so sad, who made you happy here Dadda?"

" Your Mumma did bubba. She always made me happy. I just was too stupid to not have realised it before."

" Mumma is the best!" Sharvil declared, not really having entirely heard his father.

" Yes. Mumma is the best." Shubman nodded his head and proceeded to tell his kids how beautiful their Mother had always been as he pulled Sharvil onto his lap.