Chapter 21: A Nephilim was born

Esme pulled up outside the white farmhouse she had seen in her dreams. She got out her car and noticed another car parked closer to the house. She walked up the path overgrown with grass and weeds, the door to the house was unbolted.

Esme's heart raced as she stepped into the dimly lit foyer, her voice echoing through the empty halls. "Cas!" she called out again, hoping for a sign of her friend. With each step up the creaking staircase, the memories of her dreams mingled with reality, the line between them blurring. She reached the top, her hand gripping the bannister tighter, and peered down the darkened hallway.

Esme's called out to Castiel once more. The silence of the house was broken only by a faint, muffled noise that seemed to emanate from a distant room at the end of the hallway. It was a sound that Esme recognized, Kelly!! With urgency, Esme moved towards the source.
Esme stepped into the room, her eyes immediately drawn to Kelly. There, in the dim light, Kelly sat up in bed, her face flushed and damp with sweat. The lines of pain etched across her features were unmistakable. Esme's breath caught as she realized what was happening.

"Kelly," Esme whispered, crossing the room to be by her side. "I'm here. You're not alone." She reached for Kelly's hand, feeling the tremors that ran through it.

Kelly's eyes met Esme's, a mixture of relief and fear. "Esme," she gasped,
"The baby its coming."

"Kelly," Esme said, her voice steady, "we'll get through this together. You're strong, and I'm right here with you." She glanced around the room, searching for anything that might help. The bed was neatly made, the walls adorned with faded floral wallpaper. It was an ordinary room, yet everything felt extraordinary.

Kelly nodded, her grip on Esme's hand tightening. "Esme," she whispered, "I'm scared."

Kelly's eyes closed briefly, and Esme wondered what thoughts raced through her mind. The room seemed to hold its breath, waiting for the next wave of pain.

"Where's Castiel?" Esme asked kelly,
Esme's question hung in the air, a palpable tension filling the room. Kelly shook her head, her expression a mix of frustration and concern. "He's making sure everywhere is safe," she said, her voice tinged with a weariness that spoke of long nights and whispered fears. "You know, from demons... angels"

As the contractions intensified, Esme whispered soothing words, her own heart pounding in rhythm with Kelly's. She felt the weight of responsibility-the privilege-of being there for this moment. Life was unfolding before her, raw and beautiful.
Kelly's eyes, wide with fear, met Esme's. "I won't survive this, will I?" she whispered, the terror of her own mortality creeping into her voice.

Esme, with a tenderness that belied her own swirling emotions, reached out and gently stroked Kelly's forehead. "Shhh," she soothed, her voice a steady presence in the storm of fear.

But Kelly's gaze remained locked on Esme, searching for a promise, a sliver of certainty in an uncertain world. "Esme, promise me," she implored, her voice breaking with the weight of her plea. "Promise me that you'll look after my son and that Castiel will too. Promise me."

Esme nodded, and her own fears pushed aside by the gravity of the vow she was about to make. "I promise," she said firmly, her voice a solemn oath. "We will look after him. We'll protect him with everything we have."

Kelly's body pushed, her voice a primal cry. Esme's eyes blurred with tears as she supported Kelly, their hands clasped tightly.

"Almost there," Esme encouraged. "You're doing amazing."

Kelly's strength surged forth, and with one final effort, she brought the Nephilim boy into the world.
In the quiet of the room, the birth of the Nephilim was marked by a surge of light, a brilliance that spoke of power and otherworldly origins. Esme shielded her eyes, feeling the energy pulse through the air, a tangible force that filled the space with its intensity.