[05.] I Caught You.

— " 𝓨𝓸𝓾'𝓿𝓮 𝓦𝓸𝓷 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓖𝓪𝓶𝓮, 𝓞𝓻 𝓓𝓲𝓭 𝓨𝓸𝓾? "
" 𝓨𝓸𝓾 𝓜𝓾𝓼𝓽 𝓑𝓮 𝓢𝓸 𝓣𝓲𝓻𝓮𝓭. 𝓡𝓮𝓼𝓽, 𝓢𝔀𝓮𝓮𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓻𝓽. "

Without a second to spare, you swiftly hurled your sword at Childe with an incredible speed, almost as if it was traveling at the speed of light. He couldn't react in time before your sword was snatched out of the air, gripped tightly in his taunting grasp. A smirk spread across Childe's face as he looked up at you, his eyes gleaming with a sadistic glint.

" My, my... Y/N. You didn't let me finish the rules. That was rude. "

Your gaze fixated upon Childe as he caught your sword, your head tilting in response. your eyes narrow in response as you cross your arms.

" Hmmm... Childe, the Eleventh of the Eleven Fatui Harbingers. I've gathered a remarkable amount of information about you, from your life to your actions. "

You began, your voice laced with the venom of your research and knowledge. Despite your best attempts to compose yourself, a hint of hatred still tinged the tone of your voice.

Fueled by a surge of courage and strength, you approached Childe, your gaze remaining sharp and focused.

" Ah right, or... should I call you... "

As you drew nearer, you paused for a moment, a brief silence hanging in the air. Then, in a burst of speed and aggression, you closed the distance between you and Childe, catching him off guard by launching yourself at him from behind.

" Ajax, isn't it? "

Caught in the whirlwind of your assault, Childe stumbled as he whirled to face you, your sword now firmly back in your hand. With a swift movement, you brought him down to the ground, pinning him there with your foot on his back. You swirl your foot on his back as hard as you can, causing his back to hurt. But he chuckled to himself, you raised a brow as you look at him.

Despite being pinned down by your foot, Childe continued to smile, his amusement evident in his expression. Your friends stood by in shock, their expressions filled with surprise as they watched the interplay between you and Childe. His gaze remained fixed on you, a hint of a chuckle escaping his lips.

" Y/N, You called me by my real name... How endearing. "

Childe's continued laughter filled the air as you looked down at him, a feeling of confusion washing over you.

" I have to admit, I am impressed by your improvements in attack and stealth, But even still, you're not quite powerful enough to beat me, is that right, Y/N? "

Your fists clenched tightly at his words, and you dug your foot even harder into his back, causing him even more pain. Your anger simmered just beneath the surface, and you spoke in a quiet, soft tone.

" You're getting on my nerves, you know? "

Ignoring your words, Childe abruptly yanked your leg down towards the ground, throwing you off balance and forcing you to stumble. Your friends immediately reacted to the sudden movement, with Dehya and Navia charging towards Childe to intervene. As you fell to the ground, a groan escaped your lips.Childe swiftly regained his footing and parried Dehya's attack with a skilled counter, effectively shoving her towards Navia and causing both of them to stumble. Throughout the exchange, he maintained a sadistic grin on his face, his expression exuding confidence and a twisted sense of entertainment.