|11| visit to the origin of gays

A/N : 
This chapter is one of the major turning points in the story. I can't believe I have made it this far skdjcns. 

Which is why I dedicate this to @kookieshub for being the first to comment and @kay_phile for being one of the first to actively provide me mental support and love for my book :")

Anyways, enjoy :D

~  ~

"What... What are you doing here?" Taehyung stammered, utterly shocked.

Jungkook shrugged, stepping closer. "I thought I'd surprise you"

"You were supposed to roam on the mountains!!" 

Jungkook nodded. "I couldn't let you have all the fun in Greece without me."

Taehyung's eyes widened, a mixture of joy and disbelief washing over him. "You flew all the way here? For me?"

Jungkook scratched the back of his neck, "Well, I figured you might need a break from all those stuffy professors. And besides...I missed you." his cheeks tinted with a soft pink.

Taehyung felt a surge of warmth spread through him. "I missed you too," he admitted softly.

They stood there for a moment, simply soaking in each other's presence. The museum, with its centuries-old artifacts, seemed to fade into the background as Taehyung realized how much brighter everything felt with Jungkook by his side.

"So," Jungkook said, breaking the silence, "How about we explore Athens together? I've got a few days before I have to head back."

Taehyung nodded, a smile spreading across his face. "I'd like that. A lot."

As they walked out of the museum, side by side, the clouds above began to part, allowing rays of sunlight to bathe the ancient city in a golden glow. For the first time since he arrived, Taehyung felt truly excited about his adventure. With Jungkook by his side, the historic streets of Athens seemed even more magical, and the promise of shared memories made the future look all the brighter.

The next few days were a whirlwind of exploration and laughter. They visited the Parthenon, marveling at its grandeur and discussing the engineering feats of the ancient Greeks. They strolled through the Agora, imagining the bustling marketplace as it was thousands of years ago.

As they wandered through the Temple of Hephaestus, Jungkook turned to Taehyung with a playful grin. "You know, Greek mythology is pretty wild. So many stories about the gods being, well, very close with each other."

Taehyung laughed, nodding in agreement. "Yeah, it's like the original soap opera. Zeus and Ganymede, Achilles and Patroclus... the Greeks were ahead of their time."

Jungkook chuckled. "Extremely gay, if you think about it."

Taehyung smirked. "Well, we are in Greece. Maybe the gods will look favorably upon us."

His eyes widened, the realization of what he had just said struck them both at the same time. They exchanged an awkward glance, both feeling a sudden shyness. Jungkook shrugged it off with a laugh. "I guess that means we're in good company."

Taehyung laughed too, though he felt a flutter in his chest. "Yeah, good company."

They continued their tour, the conversation shifting back to historical topics, but the moment lingered in the back of their minds. The ease of their companionship made everything they saw and discussed even more engaging. Each temple, each ruin, seemed to hold a deeper significance because they were experiencing it together.

They stood on a hill overlooking the city, Jungkook turned to Taehyung. "You know, this has been the best trip I've ever had. Thanks for letting me crash it."