III

As we were about to arrive at the hotel, like 20 minutes later, we could see a huge amount of people waiting for us outside of the hotel and as a reflex I tighten my grip on Joost trying not to let them see my face as it was still a mess and I think he noticed because he remove his cup from his head and put it on my head almost making me blind and I smile without him noticing because it was the first time since then that I was this close to someone, especially a man.

We were surrounded by too many people on my opinion, people shouting our names, trying to interview us or gabbing our arms so we would stop and talk to them.

We managed to enter the hotel but a second after Joost's phone start ringing so I step back and he answer "hey man, everything okay?" I hear him talking while I sat on a couch in the lobby.

After a little bit I hear footsteps coming fast towards me so I look up "hey Maya, one of my coworkers called me and he said I have to go to them right now and that it is important, I'm really sorry for not making you company" he say in a rush "hey it's fine, we will have another occasion to spend some time together, now go go" I respond smiling watching his worried face, he smile too and after squeezing my hand a little he started walking fast toward the hotel lobby.

I waited for him to leave the lobby and then stand up and go to the elevator. I enter and click the last button, the 21st, and went straight to the hotel roof. The doors open and a little breeze came from the outside, I walk toward the edge of the roof and sat down so my leg where now swinging in the air as I look at the building in a London night.

I put my headphones on and connecting them to my phone I start listening to some music while tears were rolling down my cheeks in a total silence.

I am so into this moment that I don't even hear the elevator going up and stopping at the roof again until I feel a hand on my left shoulder. I jump in fear and look at the person beside me removing my headphones. I look at the man and recognize him as the Finland representative from last year Eurovision.

"You're not planning on jump down from here right?" he asks smiling at me, I smile back removing the shed tears from my face as he sat down beside me "no not really, just had a long day with all the interviews and them asking about every single thing about me" he laughs and I look at him "sorry, I wasn't laughing at you. It just reminded me of when I had to do these things and the boring questions every interviewer asks you, like how are you and those things and you had to answer all of them like you haven't said it a huge amount of times during the day" he told me and look at me, I smile and return to watch the sky.

"can I ask you something?" he tell me and I nod in respond "earlier I was in the room where all the interviews where taken and I overheard your last one and I wanted to ask you if you are okay because I couldn't understand why you totally blank in there" his voice was soft probably trying to make me feel comfortable even if the question was the opposite of comfortable "it's something I have never talked to someone before because after the thing that happened to me, that was the reason I blank in there, I stopped searching for someone who would be by my side, like a lover or a best friend because I knew I couldn't tell them everything about me for fear" I stop for a little bit and then start again "fear that they would look at me in other ways if I told them what had happened to me. There's a correlation between the thing that happened to me and what she said about Joost being the one for me and I just blank immediately" I look down when I finish telling him the story while some tears formed again in my eyes "I'm really sorry to hear that from you Maya, I watched you since you won because I really liked your character, your music and the way you're always happy and trying to cheer everyone up. You reminded me of my self in this, but being always happy and all doesn't mean that we haven't experienced shit like everyone else, just remind yourself that we all have been through something, someone harder things to deal with than others but that's what makes everyone unique"

he finish this poetic sentence and then get up from where he sat down and extend his hand for me to grab "come on, it's time for the dinner with all the contestant" I sight, then grab his hand and get up, he immediately let go of my hand probably trying not to make me feel uncomfortable and I smile at the gesture.

We enter the elevator and I click on the third floor as my room was there and I had to make myself presentable at least before going to dinner with the others, we arrive at the right floor and I exit the elevator "see you in a bit Maya" "see you in a bit" we both smile at each other and when the doors close again I start walking toward my hotel room.

I enter my room and went straight to the bathroom and looking at my self I was a total mess. My hair were messed up the same as my make up so I brush it and removing the make up I start doing it again.

When I finish to get ready I look at my watch and it was 9:27 pm so I had 3 minutes to go downstairs and have dinner with the others.

(this is the outfit for the night)

I exit my room just to be find Silvester in front of me, he smiles at me and I do the same locking the door "hi again, where have you been all this time?" he asks and I turn around to face him while we walked towards the elevator "I wasn't feeling very well honestly" I respond "oh okay, hope you feel better now" I smile to him in response and he do the same

We talked about random things until we get to the others and looking at our sits we were at the opposite side of the room so we smile at each other and start going each our ways.

I arrive at my table and notice that I was sided by the Estonian band so I sit next to one of them and extend my hand smiling at one of the men "hi, I'm Maya and I represent Macedonia, I don't think we met before in these days" he looks at me and smile widely "hi there, I'm Mihkel I represent Estonia this year together with all these crazy people" he says pointing at other 4 men who were laughing their asses out, I laugh a little watching them, then I feel a hand on my shoulder and looking up I saw Joost with a smile on his face, I smile too and then he sat beside me, I didn't even noticed that Netherlands was sat beside me. We continue talking along with all the others as I had Nemo in front of me with Bambi and Mustii beside him.