III. SHEILD

Twelve year old Liliya Petrova ran as quickly as her legs would carry her

  Twelve year old Liliya Petrova ran as quickly as her legs would carry her. She slid to a stop as the door opened and Happy walked in. She smiled at the man.
  About a year and a half ago, Liliya had managed to escape and spent five months on the run, doing her best to convince the red room and HYDRA that she was dead. On that time, she had run into a drunk Tony and had gotten into a verbal fight with him. Tony found it amusing and was quick to take the chaos child in. Liliya had found it all very weird, still did, but quickly got over it and just enjoyed having someone look after her.
  "Happy! How'd it go?" She asked, as the older man who was usually so serious, smiled back.
   "Well, Tony skipped his own ceremony and is now having a interview, so you and I are going to go get ice cream and burgers." He told her and handed her coat and shoes to her.
    "Gross!" She groaned, but put on her coat and shoes, following Happy out of the house. They went to Happy's personal car and climbed in.

~

   Liliya woke the next morning, and couldn't be bothered to get up for at least half an hour. When she eventually pushed herself out of bed, it was still early. She went and showered, before dressing herself in a pair of jeans and an oversized beige Queen shirt. She half dried her hair, not caring to fully do it, before leaving her room. She padded over to the kitchen, made herself some toast, put jam on it and then went to go to the living room. She paused when she heard someone else walking around. Out of Tony's room and it was footsteps she wasn't familiar with. She hid behind a wall and looked into the hall that lead to Tony's room.
  A blonde women, probably mid twenties, was wondering only covered by a lose button up. Liliya watched as the women reached out to touch the thermostat, then jumped when JARVIS told her she couldn't change it. Pepper passed her spying, just then, but said nothing as she went up to the women.
  "That's JARVIS, he runs the house. I've got your clothes, they've been dry cleaned and pressed and there's a car out front that will take you anywhere you want." Pepper explained, and Liliya noticed the dress cleaning bag she had in her hand.
   "You must be the famous Ms. Pepper Potts." The women turned to Pepper, pointing at her.
    "Indeed I am." The women walked towards Pepper.
    "After all these years, Tony still has you picking up the dry cleaning." She says, taking her clothes from Pepper and Liliya scowls as she moves back a little so she isn't noticed.
   "I do anything and everything, Mr. Stark requires." Pepper says, keeping her calm and nodding. "Including, occasionally, taking out the trash." She smiles politely, and Liliya has to keep herself from snickering.
  "Will that be all?" Pepper says and the women scoffs, walking back to Tony's room.
  "So sassy." Liliya giggles, making Pepper turn to her, after the women closes the door.
  "Liliya." Pepper smiles.
   "Hey Peps, your here early." She smiled, sitting down on the chair facing away from the hall. She bit down on her toast.
   "Yes, well, someone has to make sure Tony gets on his plane. And, I'm staying here while he's gone, with you." Pepper shrugged, walking behind her and smoothing Liliya's hair.
   "Really?" She looked up, hopeful. Pepper hummed, nodding.
   "Happy and I will." She said, just as the women came back out of Tony's room once more. Pepper turned to her.
  "Who- is that Stark's kid? Wait-" the women tried to form her words as she walked closer, trying to see more then Liliya's limbs.
   "Car is in the front." Pepper reminded her firmly and Happy came into the room. The women, however, wasn't fazed.
    "Can I just ask one question?"
    "No." Liliya flipped her off and was happy that she got to do it with her new nails. The women made an offended sound and walked away after a moment, with Happy following her. Once she was out of the room, Pepper hit Liliya up side the head.
   "Your going to cause drama." She said as Liliya whined at the hit.
   "I am drama." Liliya said dramatically, looking up with a charming smile. Pepper huffed.
   "I know, I have to do damage control for your dad and you." Pepper rolled her eyes.
   "You love me." Liliya smiled, still looking up at her.
   "Your still a pain." She shook her head, and Liliya's smile widened.  "Come on, I have to go pry Tony from his workshop." Pepper turned away and she jumped up from her seat.
  "I wanna see how long it takes." Liliya said as they went downstairs. Pepper laughed slightly, knowing it wouldn't be quick.
  "Come on." Pepper hummed, before she got a call and picked up.