Chapter 28

Brightsky poked her head out of the warrior den. The air was cool and the ground was covered in frost. Brightsky saw that Pinefall was already up. She padded up to him. He seemed happy and distracted.

"Good morning Pinefall." Brightsky said.

"Good morning." Pinefall mumbled. Brightsky tilted her head, Pinefall wasn't usually this quiet.

"Would you like to go hunting with me and Bearfang?" She asked. Pinefall nodded, though he still seemed distracted. Brightsky headed for the entrance where Bearfang waited.

"I invited Pinefall to come." She told him. Bearfang nodded. They headed into the forest. There wasn't much prey scent because of the coming Leafbare. Brightsky sniffed the air and opened her mouth. The only thing she could detect was stale mouse scent. Brightsky sighed sadly before sniffing the ground.

Brightsky returned to camp with only a robin and scrawny mouse. The hunting trip had barely been successful. Bearfang only carried a small rabbit and Pinefall didn't have anything. Brightsky placed her catch in the fresh-kill pile, she only took a rabbit to share with Bearfang. He brushed against her slightly as they sat down to eat. Brightsky didn't flinch, instead she welcomed his warmth by pressing against him more, which Bearfang didn't seem to mind. Brightsky watched Pinefall come in. She then saw Redpaw looking at him longingly since she wasn't a warrior yet. Cinderstrike looked interested too, she padded over to Pinefall and gestured to the fresh-kill. Brightsky waited for his response when she realized that two she-cats liked him. To her dismay, Pinefall only shrugged and causally take a rabbit for them. Brightsky noticed Cinderstrike looked a bit disappointed, but she didn't say anything.

"How can my brother be so mousebrained?" Brightsky muttered.

"What was that?" Bearfang asked. Brightsky looked at him then gestured to Pinefall.

"My brother has two pretty she-cats padding after them and he notices neither of them." Brightsky explained.

"Maybe he already likes a she-cat." Bearfang suggested. Brightsky shook her head.

"There really isn't any other cats that would be his mate." She told him. Bearfang looked curious for a moment, but then was distracted by something else.

"Do want to go on a walk?" He asked, changing the subject.

"Sure." Brightsky responded. Bearfang led the way into the woods and toward the hills. Brightsky became curious as to where they were going when Bearfang led them farther into the woods and past the border.

"Are you sure we are allowed to go this way?" Brightsky questioned. Bearfang nodded.

"Of course." He replied confidently. Bearfang stopped before a clump of trees. He looked at Brightsky excitedly.

"Be prepared to something awesome." He said. Brightsky followed him curiously as he went through the clump of trees. She gasped in surprise at what she saw.

Brightsky stood at the edge of a small brook. To the right was waterfall feeding the brook.

"This is beautiful." Brightsky whispered. Bearfang smiled and headed for the tallest waterfall, which wasn't any bigger than a den. Brightsky's eyes widened when Bearfang disappeared behind it. She quickly followed him and found a unique cave. The stone ground was covered in soft moss. Brightsky turned around and could see a bit through the waterfall. It was facing the hills so the sunset was magnificent. Brightsky turned back into the caver. The walls sparkled and shimmered because of pretty rocks inside of it. Bearfang sat on moss and grinned. Brightsky sat next to him hesitantly. The moss was cushy and comfortable so Brightsky lied down. Bearfang lied down beside her.

"What do you think?" He purred.

"It's just so incredible!" Brightsky exclaimed. Bearfang nodded.

"That's what I thought." He agreed. "I lived here when I was banished, but I didn't know where we were when Darkheart chased us out so I couldn't show it to you."

"I'm glad you did." Brightsky said. They watched the sun go down slowly and the stars appear. Brightsky slowly intertwined her tail with Bearfang's. She leaned against him and purred. It was just so amazing!

"Brightsky?" Bearfang asked.

"Yes?" Brightsky responded without moving from her position. Although she hadn't moved, her heart beat quickened, and she felt anticipation creeping up on her.

"Do you want to be mates?" Brightsky was install filled with joy and she buried her nose into his pelt.

"Of course!" She purred.

Brightsky woke up because of the loud call of an owl. At first she didn't know where she was,but then she realized she had fallen asleep.

"Bearfang! We fell asleep!" She nudged him awake. Together they rushed off and returned to camp just as it hit moonhigh. They slipped into camp unnoticed and were able to reach their nests without any waking any cat. Brightsky looked at Bearfang and their eyes locked. She instantly knew she would give up anything for him.

Mollysid123 and @MaceyEdwards5 for choosing BrightXBark (now it's BrightXBear). How do I add photos? I can't figure it out because of the new update, it's not letting me?