Dear Diary, I'm confused

14/02/22

Dear Diary,

I'm genuinely confused. Alysha had called to meet me because she insisted on hanging out ( she said she had guy problems ) while Sara told me Jugnu had called her to catch up, turns out Alysha isn't in India, and Jugnu has already left for Chandigarh.

Things took an even worser turn when we got stuck there because of unexpected rain.

And, a closed café, with a girl I ardently disliked, surprisingly, wasn't so unbearable after all.

What was unbearable was, something happened to me in those hours.

And now Sara Tendulkar doesn't seem so bad after all.

What seems bad is my heart doing backflips in her presence, and all that I know is it isn't stopping anytime soon.

And that simply confuses me, alongside a question she asked me, as to why do I hate her?

I never thought why.

She just makes me feel...I don't know what, but she makes me feel, and I desperately want it to stop.

And she's just...annoying, her pretty eyes, her swooning smiles, the way she carries herself, it's....annoying!

That's why I hate her, I'm sure.

" Kaha phas gaya." Shubman muttered under his breath.

" Oh hello, mujhe bhi koi shauk nahi hai tumhare saath phasne ka. If it weren't for our best-friends, we would never be stuck here. I still don't believe Lysh called you here."

" She did! I even showed you the chats! Are you sure that Jugnu called you here?"

" I've got fifteen phone calls with him on my call log. Said he liked a girl who would be here today and he wanted to make her jealous. What a shit plan honestly."

" Wait. Lysh said the same!"

" Lysh said she likes a guy who'd be here?" Sara echoed incredulously.

" Yeah. I thought Lysh had absolutely no interest in dating or marrying someone anytime soon?"

" She doesn't! Uncle and Aunty have been pestering her to get married and she keeps turning down every guy they show her."

" Jugnu has no girl he likes. The last one he liked rejected him. Do you realise what this means?"

" It means, our best-friends made a fool out of us and we, very stupidly and easily fell for it!"

" But why would they want to trap us together?" Shubman pondered aloud and Sara smacked her forehead.

" Did you sell off your brains to someone while being born Shubman? Or did you take a strainer along with you instead of a big vessel when God was giving everyone brains.

" No! I'm quite smart okay? I'm just very confused at the timebeing."

" When you discover the answer, tell me okay? Because if I do, you'll claim I'm obsessed with you again!"