Chapter 6: Volleyball Match

Nina's Pov

The sun hung high in the sky, casting a golden glow over the volleyball court. Kenzie, Agnes, and I stood on the left side of the net, preparing ourselves for the game. 

You might be wondering how we got into this situation, but to sum it up Maru and Cynthia were drunk and some volleyball players from Riverside bumped into them at the bar. The girls they bumped into were Veronica Chu, Ashley Monroe, Kelsey Lee, and Alison Hernandez. Who you might ask. Only the junior league volleyball players at UC Riverside. Also, the same girls in high school were so mean, and nasty to everyone because they were on the varsity beach volleyball team. While Kenzie and I were on the actual varsity national team for our high school. That made them hate us even more, and just so you know there were bets made about whether or not they could berate us on a podcast video, or they owe us a sincere apology. So here we are.

We stood on the stands prepping ourselves with knee supports, and plenty of tiger balm, "Are you guys sure about this?" Nick asked with semi semi-concerned look on his face.

"We can't exactly back out now," Kenzie shrugged as we all glanced at the two ladies who sat quiet.

"We are sorry," Maru let out,

"We didn't mean too!" Cynthia continued, "We were just drunk."

"We'll be fine, guys," Agnes smiled as brightly as she usually would, "We got this."

"I believe in you guys," Devin smiled mainly glancing at Agnes with a loving stare.

"I really don't remember that y'all played volleyball," Nick sighed out.

"I don't either," Luke nodded.

"I think I went to like one game then I hooked up with one of the cheerleaders and the rest is history," Carey chuckled a bit, lifting the energy.

"Let's go ladies!" The ref yelled out, "Let's get it started."

"You guys got this!" Sean reassured us as he patted my arm before we all walked towards the court.

"Are you ladies ready to lose?" Veronica smirked as she looked at us three.

"In your dreams," Kenzie scoffed turning around and fixing her ponytail.

"Alright, ladies, let's show them what we've got," I said, my eyes sparkling with determination. This was not a battle I was going to loose.

Agnes nodded, her usual calm demeanor replaced with a competitive fire. "Let's do this!" She yelled out.

We all gave her a shocked expression as her quiet demeanor was suddenly replaced by one similar to her firey older sister, Kenzie, "Fuck yeah!" We heard Devin yell from the stands.

"Fuck them up!" Sage added on casuing the stands, filled with only our friends, and whoever the fuck else that was supporting the other team, to bust out with laughter.

Kenzie, always the energetic one, bounced on her toes. "They're not going to know what hit them!"

"Alright ladies, lets make it to 25 and call it a day," One of the assistant referee's exclaimed looking at both sides before nodding his head. The whistle blew, and the game began. 

Kelsey served the ball with a powerful spike, but Kenzie was quick on her feet, diving to save it. She passed it to Agnes, who expertly set it up for me. With a fierce jump, I smashed the ball over the net, scoring the first point.