|14| not sold separately

Pt.2 of nearly 2k words
Enjoy!

Time had passed, and with it, the uncertain yet undeniable bond between Taehyung and Jungkook had grown. Both found themselves grappling with their feelings, unable to ignore the infintely increasing tension but unsure of how to move forward. Their interactions had been sporadic, filled with longing glances and unspoken words.

One afternoon, the school staff gathered for a meeting in the conference room to discuss upcoming events and initiatives. Taehyung and Jungkook found themselves seated next to each other in the back.

The meeting was tedious, with discussions dragging on longer than necessary. During a lull, Jungkook leaned over to Taehyung, nearly touching the other's ear, his voice low and teasing.

"Do you think the students find history as unbearable as these meetings?" he whispered, a smirk playing on his lips.

Taehyung chuckled softly. "Maybe not as unbearable as they find math. I mean, how many ways can you teach them to solve for x before they start daydreaming?"

Jungkook laughed, shaking his head. "At least math has definitive answers. History is just a bunch of stories that change depending on who's telling them."

"Ah, but those stories are what give us perspective on our present. Without history, math would just be numbers in a void," Taehyung countered, a playful glint in his eye.

Jungkook matched with his vibe, smirked at him, "That is why you're here. To fill the void."

Taehyung inhaled and averted his eyes away from the other, no longer able to hold his gaze.

"Speaking of numbers," Jungkook said with a sly smile, "I've noticed that whenever you talk about history, you tend to focus on pairs and duos. Coincidence?"

Taehyung raised an eyebrow. "Maybe because history is full of important partnerships. You can't deny the impact two people can have on each other, can you?"

Jungkook's smile widened. "Like Newton and his apple? Gravity's a pretty strong force."

"Or Cleopatra and Mark Antony," Taehyung retorted, his eyes twinkling. "A partnership that changed history, despite the odds."Jungkook mulled over it but kept glancing at Taehyung through his side eye.

It was only after stating it, that Taehyung realized what he had been talking about all along. "Although, I doubt the communication is always needed."

Taehyung leaned towards Jungkook ever so slightly, his voice low. "Without numbers, math is nothing. But history can be made if it was bound to happen, even without a single word...anywhere and with anyone." He noticed the latter's ears turning a flush pink.

Throughout the meeting, both of them didn't utter a word after it. 

As the meeting drew to a close, the staff had slowly started to return to their respective department rooms. Taehyung found himself reluctant to let the moment end. On an impulse, he turned to Jungkook, his heart racing.

"Jungkook, would you like to come over to my place this evening?" he blurted out, his voice barely steady.

Jungkook blinked, clearly taken aback. He was still dazed after the previous chat "Your place?"

"Yes," Taehyung said, a bit more confidently. "I have this collection of artifacts at home. Stuff that I asked to be shipped over from our trip to Athens, so I can display it along with my thesis presentation. I thought you might be interested in seeing them. They're quite something."

Jungkook hesitated, his mind racing. The invitation was unexpected, but the mention of artifacts piqued his interest. Besides, the prospect of spending time with Taehyung, The Artifact, was too tempting to resist.