Potter's Confession

The crisp autumn air had a hint of chill as Y/N made her way to the courtyard, where Harry had asked to meet her. The leaves rustled gently in the wind, creating a peaceful backdrop to what promised to be an important conversation. Y/N's mind buzzed with curiosity and a touch of apprehension; Harry had sounded earnest when he requested this meeting.

As she approached, she saw Harry pacing near the fountain, his expression a mix of determination and anxiety. He looked up, offering her a small smile as she arrived.

"Hi, Harry," Y/N greeted him warmly. "What's going on?"

"Hi, Y/N," Harry replied, his voice a bit shaky. "Thanks for coming. I just... I needed to talk to you about something."

Y/N nodded, sensing the seriousness of his tone. "Of course, Harry. What is it?"

Harry took a deep breath, his eyes locking onto hers. "Y/N, I've been thinking a lot about you lately. Since you've arrived at Hogwarts, you've been different. You're kind, smart, and you don't judge people based on their house or background. I..."

Before he could continue, a familiar drawling voice cut through the air, startling them both.

"What is it, Pottah? What do you want to tell her?" Draco Malfoy appeared out of nowhere, his tone dripping with disdain. He stepped between Harry and Y/N, his presence commanding and protective.

Harry's eyes narrowed as he faced Draco. "Nothing much, Malfoy. Just something personal."

Draco's eyes flashed with irritation, but he quickly masked it with a smirk. Turning to Y/N, he said, "There's a party in the Slytherin common room tonight. We should head back."

Y/N glanced between the two boys, feeling the tension radiating off both of them. She could see the frustration in Harry's eyes and the possessiveness in Draco's stance. Unsure of how to navigate this sudden confrontation, she nodded slowly. "Alright, Draco."

As they began to walk away, Draco muttered under his breath, just loud enough for Harry to hear, "Stupid Pottah."

Harry clenched his fists but said nothing, watching them leave with a mixture of disappointment and anger. He had been so close to telling Y/N how he felt, but once again, Draco had managed to interfere.

Back in the Slytherin common room, the atmosphere was lively and filled with laughter. Pansy and Blaise were already there, chatting animatedly. Draco led Y/N to a comfortable spot by the fireplace, where the warmth of the flames contrasted sharply with the cool tension that still lingered between them.

"Draco, what was that about?" Y/N asked quietly, trying to understand his sudden interruption.

Draco shrugged, his expression unreadable. "I just didn't want Potter bothering you. He always seems to think he can just say whatever he wants."

Y/N frowned, sensing there was more to Draco's actions than he was letting on. "Harry wasn't bothering me. He's been nothing but kind to me."

Draco's eyes softened slightly as he looked at her. "I know. But... I care about you, Y/N. I don't want anyone taking advantage of your kindness."

Y/N's heart ached at the conflicted emotions she saw in Draco's eyes. She reached out, placing a hand on his arm. "Draco, you don't have to protect me from everyone. I can handle myself. And Harry is my friend."

Draco sighed, his shoulders relaxing a bit. "I'm sorry. I guess I overreacted."

The evening passed with a mix of laughter and conversation, the Slytherin common room buzzing with the energy of students enjoying a rare break from their studies. Y/N found herself laughing at Pansy's jokes and enjoying Blaise's stories, but her mind kept drifting back to Harry and the words he hadn't been able to say.

As the night drew to a close, Y/N excused herself and made her way back to her dormitory, her thoughts a whirlwind of confusion and unresolved emotions. She cared deeply for Draco, but she couldn't ignore the growing bond she felt with Harry.

Before she fell asleep, she decided that she needed to talk to Harry again. She owed it to him—and to herself—to hear what he had to say. She just hoped Draco would understand.

The next morning, Y/N sought out Harry after breakfast. She found him in the library, his face buried in a book. She approached quietly, tapping him on the shoulder.

"Harry, can we talk?"

Harry looked up, his expression a mix of surprise and hope. "Of course, Y/N. Let's go somewhere private."

They found a quiet corner in the library, away from prying eyes and ears. Harry turned to her, his expression earnest. "I'm sorry about yesterday. I wanted to tell you something important, but..."

Y/N nodded, her heart pounding. "It's okay, Harry. What did you want to tell me?"

Harry took a deep breath, his eyes locking onto hers. "Y/N, I like you. "

Y/N's heart skipped a beat, a rush of emotions flooding through her. She had sensed Harry's growing affection, but hearing it aloud made it real. "Harry, I... I don't know what to say."

Harry smiled gently "You don't have to say anything right now. I just wanted you to know."

As they sat there, Y/N felt a sense of clarity wash over her. She cared deeply for both Draco and Harry, but she knew she needed time to understand her own feelings.

"Thank you for telling me, Harry," she said softly. "I appreciate your honesty."

Harry nodded, his smile warm and genuine. "Take your time, Y/N. I'll be here, no matter what."

As she left the library, Y/N's mind was filled with conflicting emotions, but she felt a sense of hope. She would navigate these new feelings carefully, knowing that whatever happened, she had friends who cared about her deeply.

To be continued...