chapter 6 the dinner

She said yes to going to dinner with him and told him to give her a few minutes.

He told her to wear a nice dress to dance In .

She put on a blue  mid length flowing Dress, a set of shiny pearls necklace and earrings.

she used her small curlers To curl her hair,It flowed down her back.

He was waiting downstairs  in a pale Pink suit,hair smoothed back.
one hand in his pocket  and the other by his side.

She started walking down the stairs. His eyes followed her as she walked down the stairs, their eyes never looking away .

She blushed as his eyes trailed up and down.

"I said look nice, not take my breath away, Doll" gatsby chuckled.

She smiled at his corny words.

"Well I like to go above and beyond Mr gatsby" y/n grinned, slipping her arm around his as they walked out the door.

They walked out to the car. He opened the door for her and held her hand as she got in then closed the door and walked in front of the car over to his side.

They began driving to the restaurant when a tire blew forcing them to pull over.

Gatsby quickly got out to look at the damage and pulled out his pager.

"Ill page for some help" gatsby spoke from behind the car.

"Is everything alright gatsby" y/n stepped out of the car picking up her long dress to keep it from getting muddy.

"It will be awhile before someone comes and gets us, im sorry but we might miss the dinner" gatsby stuck his hands in his pocket.

y/n placed her hand on his arm. " thats alright, this is good enough" she smiled.

"Hold on a minute" gatsby smiled and turned on the radio in his car.

"Dance with me doll"? Gatsby asked, reaching out his hand.

y/n blushed and took his hand, letting go of her dress she didnt care if it got muddy anymore.

He placed on hand on the small of her back and the other hand interlaced with her hand.

She interlocked fingers with him and placed her free hand on his shoulder.

The slow music started to play and he swayed her back and forth, their smiles getting bigger, and her heart just melting away.

He pulled away and spun her around listening to the laughter leave her mouth was the only music he needed.

He pulled away and spun her around listening to the laughter leave her mouth as that was the only music he needed.

Y/n laughed as he twirled her around and pulling her back in . He pulled her in tight ,she wrapped her arms Around his neck while laying her head on his shoulder.

They Swayed for a few mins before breaking Apart.
"So much for dancing at the gala tonight" y/n chuckled.

A car stopped and picked them up and brought them to a Wilson's gas station.

They thanked him and got out.

"Lovely evening folks,how can I help you" mrs,Wilson asked.

" I Need someone to go pick up my car near windy circle" gatsby replied.

As we were talking to mrs,Wilson, and car cranked Up and as it pull out from behind the shop y/n could swear she saw Tom. 

Mrs, Wilson awkwardly Chuckled. "I'll get my husband on it right away" she nodded.

Y/n continued To glare at her as she walked off

After getting his car picked up and dropped y/n off  he went home with a smile on hid face.

*time skip to 2 years later*
*y/n and gatsby had grown to enough each other more and more and now Had been dating for 2 years.*

"Good morning my love" gatsby raised up in bed and kissed y/n's forehead.