"Home Captain"

"Who's the captain off the field?"

"She is, of course."

✩₊˚.⋆☾⋆⁺₊✧

Virat Kohli was a force to reckon with on the field. He was the opposition's worst nightmare and it was impossible for his competitors to relax till the time he was standing there on the crease. But half the people would be quite surprised if they saw him off the field. At his home. In the territory of his home-captain.

"Virat! Vamika!" Anushka shouted, startling the father-daughter duo. "Ye kya haal banaya hai tum dono ne kamre ka?" She frowned at all the crayons and toys scattered around. The room looked like it had survived a zombie attack.

"We were playing." Virat muttered, scratching his neck.

"This is how you play? I just finished cleaning, Virat. What's all this paper flying around? And what have you done to the carpet? You guys were colouring the carpet!?" Anushka scolded irritatedly. Vamika's bottom lip trembled as her eyes welled up.

"Don't you dare cry now." Anushka tried but their daughter's face crumpled further. Anushka scooped her up. "Alright, alright, it's okay baby. It's okay. Mamma is not angry, okay? Please no crying Vami."

"Sorry mamma." The child sobbed, burying her face in the crook of Anushka's neck.

"It's okay, darling. Stop crying. Papa will clean this up. No worries."

"Hey! Why me!" Virat objected but one glare from his wife quickly shut him up.

"Any problem, Virat?" She smiled sweetly.

"Usko it's okay baby, mujhe any problem Virat. Wah." Virat grumbled.

"Kya?"

"Kya problem hogi?" Virat gave her a tight-lipped smile. "Abhi kar deta hun."

"Papa is the best, isn't he, Vamika?"

✩₊˚.⋆☾⋆⁺₊✧

"I'm not that sick, Nushkie. I promise I'm fine."

"You're burning up, Virat. You need rest, I'm serious."

The doctor has advised a week's bed rest for Virat to recover fully before the next match but Maxwell has organised a get-together at his place which Virat obviously cannot miss.

"I promised Max I'll come. Please."

"You can go once you're fine, bubs. Health is important, right? And we can't risk it."

"Maxi would be upset. He was so excited for this party."

"I'll talk to Vini. We can give him a surprise visit next week, what say? I think he'll love it."

"B will be there too. He'll not let me do anything stupid, you know it."

"Let's let him enjoy for one night, yeah? And he'll set you straight if he gets to know you're partying with a fever. Please listen to me baba, we can have a get together with everyone once you're fine."

"But I want to go today!" Virat wailed, plopping down on the bed.

"No Virat."

"I'll come back sooner, I promise."

"No."

"I'll leave immediately if I feel even a bit sick."