Chapter 1

Geko started rapping when he was eight. By 13, he was signed to the UK music collective USG - home to fellow rap star K Koke - becoming the youngest member to join the popular group.

Al Shibli was born 15th June 1997. Geko's father is Libyan and his mother is Algerian, which makes Geko Arab.
Geko's real name is Al Shibli, the word Geko was something people started to calling him as nickname and it just stuck with him.

When Geko was 11, he went a bit wild in school. He didn't do the work he was supposed to do and ended up getting excluded, but he still came out with seven GCSEs.

When most children were still playing with toys and watching cartoons, Geko was writing rhymes and fully immersing himself in a world of music.

In 2010, a personal tragedy happen to his younger brother, Abdul Ali to cancer. Which made Geko grow up and start writing songs about the loss of his little brother, which made him start his singing career.

He would spit bars on the road with his friends, but they were bars that did not mean anything at all - it was just ridiculous. But when his little brother died, it made him want to write more meaningful lyrics.

When he joined USG, Geko had created a huge following on the underground scene, notching up millions of hits on YouTube and landing himself in the 'one to watch' category on virtually every urban radio show going.

He was also the youngest rapper to ever record a BBC Radio 1 'Fire in the Booth Sessions' with DJ Charlie Sloth.

His inspiration is the USG group,Jadakiss, D-block, Tupac.

He doesn't listen to new school rap, ever. He listens to UK rap sometimes, but he listens to straight old school rap like Ice Cube, Biggie, Tupac.