Fuutarou's practiced words

Bzzzzz

Fuutarou wakes up to a text notification on his phone. Followed by a second one a moment later.

I hope Yotsuba isn't still awake. She needs her sleep right now.

But the text isn't from Yotsuba. It's from Nino.

Nino: Yotsuba is a child. I'm a woman. She is far too immature for a real relationship and you know it. It is plainly obvious to you every time you try to get intimate with her. You should get intimate with me instead. I'll make you a man.

Following the text is a series of pictures. Each one is Nino, laying in her bed, wearing very skimpy black lace lingerie. She is posing suggestively. The final picture of the four is the biggest offender: she is biting her lip, with two fingers caressing herself between her legs and her other hand is squeezing one of her breasts.

Fuutarou slams his phone down onto his futon and grits his teeth in anger, trying desperately to stay quiet to avoid waking Raiha.

This is going too far. I can't believe she would do something like this.

Then a strange thought creeps into his mind. He scrolls through the pictures again. He peeks back to make sure Raiha isn't awake, and pulls himself under the blanket to add extra protection against his sister seeing what he is looking at. He starts to feel guilt wash over him, but he can't resist zooming in on some of the pictures for a closer look. But it's not Nino that's he's thinking about.

The quints are identical, right? So is this what Yotsuba's body looks like? I accidentally got a quick peek during the school trip, but I couldn't see much. Is this how she would look in lingerie?

He suddenly realizes how creepy he is. And how he's laying down right next to his sleeping sister. He turns off his phone and shuts his eyes. He has trouble falling asleep, because he is distracted by feelings of anger toward Nino and guilt for leering at the pictures.

—-

The next day at school, he texts Yotsuba to speak with him in the stairwell after lunch alone. He is nervous. He spent hours thinking over how to handle this situation, and he's very unsure if he made the right choice.

As he sits on the top stair, trying his best to calm his nerves, Yotsuba scampers up the stairs and plops down right next to him, leaning against his shoulder. She is her usual bubbly self.

"Did you want to make out in the stairwell? That seems a little reckless of you, Uesugi-san!" She blushes slightly but gives her usual teasing smile.

"No. I gotta show you something. Nino is stirring up trouble."

He shows her the message and all the pictures that he got from Nino last night. He keeps his eyes on her face, trying to gauge her reaction. She doesn't seem too upset, and Fuutarou is especially surprised at how little she seems to react to the pictures. She scrolls back and reads the message slowly.

"I'm going to need you to tell your sister to never do something like this again or I'll block her permanently," Fuutarou says.

"Yeah, you're right. I will."

She sounds mostly unfazed, but there's something else in her voice. She doesn't seem upset or angry at Fuutarou, or angry at Nino. So what is it? Sadness?

"You'd better get to class," she says. "I gotta run to the restroom."

The next class starts and Yotsuba's desk is empty. Fuutarou starts to feel a little worried. He gets much more worried when he receives a text message.

Yotsuba: Sorry, but I'm feeling sick and I don't think I can study after school today. I'm really sorry. You should go home to Raiha today.

What is going on? She said 'sorry' twice, so maybe she's not mad at me? Or maybe she is? Maybe she thinks I cheated on her? I really shouldn't have shown her those pictures. I screwed up big time. After all the drama, I finally ended up dating the girl I like, and I went and screwed it up after a week. Well regardless, I definitely have to go see her. I'm definitely not going straight home like she told me to.