Chapter One

Third Person POV
—————————
"-ello? Hel-"

Bright.

That was the only thing he could think of. Whatever clouded his vision, was gone a few seconds later. Bringing a hand up to rub his eyes, he quickly realized he didn't know where he was, what his name was, and most importantly, if he was in danger and about to die.

"Sorry about that."

All he could do was nod, as his throat felt dry like a desert. "I've been awake for a good ten minutes, there's some water right next to you. It's clean, I checked."

His eyes slowly opened as he decided it was time to get up. There was someone in front of him. He heard himself gasp as he saw their eyes, it earned him a giggle.

"I'm Rasbi."

He clears his throat before he speaks, "Owen." It comes out naturally, he didn't even know that. He must've hit his head on something. Everything will come back to him soon.

Rasbi smiles at him before extending a hand out. He smiles back and accepts the hand. Owen grunts as he finally stands up. He sees some black spots start to form in his vision. But he blinks them away.

He points to something attached to the wall, "There's a lever, ya wanna pull it?"

She grins, "Sure!"

As she pulls it, they can feel the platform they're standing on start to shake. It slowly moves up after a moment. The two look up and notice heads peaking through an opening at the top. Light could be seen shining through.

"Get ready in case they try and harm us or something."

"How are we supposed to fight those people? With what?"

"Our....fists?"

Rasbi goes into a tiny laughing fit, doubling over as she clutches her stomach. Owen rolls his eyes at her before joining in. It takes them a bit to calm down but they are almost at the top.

The closer they get, the more the voices are clear to hear. Once they get up and the elevator stops, they are bombarded with voices. It's very overwhelming and Owen can see Rasbi looking scared so he speaks up first.

"Who are you guys?!"

A soft spoken voice, one so quiet he had to strain his ears to hear, "I'm Graecie, we won't harm you. We are just trying to understand where we are and stuff."

He nods at that, looking back at Rasbi. He tilts his head in question and she gets it, nodding back. Owen takes it as, 'she's okay' and they can get out of the elevator.

He goes first, to give Rasbi a confidence boost so they'll be okay. As she gets up and out, he gasps. It's night time, and from what he can see, there's four walls surrounding them.

Are they trapped somewhere?

The girl named Graecie seems to read his mind as she walks up to his side. Instinctively, he flinches but its not noticeable. "We don't know where we are or how we got here, all we know is during the day, there's an opening to some type of maze thing. I went in when I arrived. I was the first one here."

Owen wonders how long she's been here but decided not to ask. "Can you show me it after the sun rises?"

She nods and quickly beckons him to follow her. Graecie leads him to a tent and quickly picks up some wool, making him a temporary bed for now. Owen thanks her and she's dragged off by another person.

Adrienss, I think his name is.

Rasbi comes by with someone else, he introduces himself as Oeca. The two seem to get along a lot. He's a little loud for Owen to see them spending a lot of time together. He also swears a lot, and he means a lot.

Oeca seems to young to be swearing but, Owen won't tell him off for it. It's not really his concern to begin with. Graecie comes by with a new person as the sun begins to rise.

"Guys, this is Apo. He just came up."

I smile and wave at him. He gives a small smile and waves back. Graecie introduces the three to him and he seems to become a bit less paranoid? Anxious? Owen doesn't know what to call it.

"Can you take me to the maze entrance? I want to see it." Graecie nods at Owen and the other three just follow the two as they talk.

As they come up to part of the wall, it opens and Owen just stares at it, mouth wide open. He hears someone gasp and it sounds like Rasbi. He doesn't know if it is though.

Tentatively, he takes a couple steps into the maze, he gets pushed back by some wind in the maze. He stumbles a bit but Graecie and Oeca are quick to steady him.

"Thanks." He mutters.

After that, everyone goes their own ways. Owen just continues to stare at the opening before he shakes his head and walks away.

He decides to make an axe so he can chop down some trees. After a while, he has a bit of wood. And Apo comes over, "Hey! Do you happen to know where Rasbi is? I had a question for her."

"Uh, I think I saw her and Oeca near the elevator." Apo nods as a thanks and sets off for that direction.

Owen hisses in pain, clutching his head as he hears a 'thump' from his axe hitting the ground. In a spilt second, he blacks out and wakes up again with something in his hands.

A spear...?

Why does he have a spear in his hands? How did he even get this? What happened?! It all doesn't make any sense to him.

Taking a deep breath, he looks around to see if anyone else seems to have gone through the same thing. However, he's quick to realize everyone else is fine and looking normal.

Owen tried to regain his composure before anyone questions him. Because what is he supposed to say if that does happen? 'Hey I blacked out and the next second I wake up I see a spear in my hands.'

Yea, that sounds stupid. Nobody would've believed him if he did say that. True, or not. He'll just say he found it by the pond. Graecie showed it to him earlier, and the wall of names. His included.

"Hey Owen..WHOA! Wait, where'd you get that from?!" The guy that introduced himself when they first came up, Mohwee asks.

"I found it near the pond, like on top of all the rocks. It was weird."

"Hm interesting, don't think anyone's been up there."

All he can do is nod, Owen's a bad liar, something he gathers about himself as he has to look away from Mohwee to not seem suspicious.

"Well I'm gonna head to bed, I'm exhausted and overwhelmed from all of the people, you know?"

"Yea, yea I get you. Have a nice sleep!"

"Thanks, Mohwee."

Mohwee walks off after that and Owen does what he said he would. He crawls into the makeshift bed and as soon as his head hits the wall, his eyes shut and he falls into a dreamless sleep.
————-
A/N
First chapter of this book! Hope you guys like it!! This is gonna be very different from the canon. I don't think I'll really kill anyone off or anything. And it won't end how outsiders SMP actually ended. Hope you enjoy my lovelies!! :D <3