Chapter 4

|Alana|

First thing I realized was the pounding in my head. The second thing I realized was the hard surface I was laying on. As I tried to gather my thoughts and muster enough energy to open my eyes my eyes started focusing on a consistent beating. My eyes flew open as I realized I was laying on someone and the beating was someone's heart beat.

As my eyes flew open I groaned as the sun burned my eyes and I briefly squeezed them shut as I started to sit up. When I reopened my eyes sitting up I looked around the room. I was in an unknown bedroom, the walls were limewashed a dark gray, with floor to ceiling windows covering one side of the room. I look down at the man sleeping beside me, I start to try to remember how I got here last night. I remember the fight with Santana and I remember waiting for the subway, and maybe getting too close to the tracks.

Fuck Lana, what were you thinking, but that doesn't explain how I got here. Everything past being on the tracks was a blur. I take a deep breath and start to wake the mysterious man up, I take a moment to look at his tan features. He has dark short wavy hair connected to a low cut beard and mustache. Right as I bring my hand to shake and wake him his eyes shoot open and look around rashly before landing on me and softening.

We look at each other for moments, each of us taking each other in, him searching for something on my face and me looking at him in curiosity. I open my mouth to speak but he beats me to it.

"You're awake." He is still staring at me softly, his head on the pillow and his body sprawled out on the bed. I lift one of my hands to rub the side of my face and stretch before looking back to him.

"How did I get here? Where is my phone?" I say this a bit harsher than intended and I hear the stress in my voice causing him to sit up and lean against the headboard. When he sits up completely I notice an alarm clock beside the bed reading 11:30. Thank goodness I don't have to work today. When I get home a long nap is needed, from getting off of my 12 hour shift to going out immediately after, then staying out late, my body is exhausted. Wait I couldn't go home, I lived with Santana and after our argument last night and what she said I don't think it was best that I be around her right now.

"You fainted last night at the subway station, you almost fell on the tracks it was almost like you were intentionally that close. You really almost got hit but I grabbed you before you fell and just brought you home. You seemed kinda upset." He started softly.

I hung my head and sighed, "I got into a fight with my best friend, she said some hurtful things. I guess I just wasn't thinking anymore, I was so sad. Thank you for pulling me back, I didn't know what I was doing." I turned my head to look at him and his eyes focused on me in an intense stare for a moment before he began to speak.

"Look, I don't know your life, but I do know how it feels to get to a point where life would be better without you, but trust me. The people in your life are better because they know you and their life would only be worse if you weren't there." he reaches out and grabs my hand.

"Your phone is on the bedside table, I put it on the charger for you." he lets go of my hand and I reach for my phone. I have fifty missed calls from a variety of people, Emerald, Stephanie, and Santana. As I go over the hundreds of text messages, another message from Santana comes through.

Lana wya? Pls call me back I'm sorry, I was drunk and I should not have said what I said.

At least text and let us know you're okay

Alana, I don't wanna call your mom but I will.

Lana please I'm so sorry.

I go to my moms messages and I text her that Santana might call or text her but to let her know I am okay and to not get in the middle of it. We had a fight and I didn't want to talk to her right now. I dropped my phone back on the table and looked back at the man as he got off the bed to go over to a closed door on the other side of the room.