~Home~

It was a strange feeling, being back and somehow you felt anxious and scared to be back ... home.
,,Viper your good?!", Ghost calls over the plane noises.
,,Good", you call back, holding a thumb up.
Closing your eyes, you try to clear your mind.
Everything would be go fine right? What could possibly go wrong ... your going back to the people that love you and before anything can happen you'll be back out on the battle field, so what were you so afraid about?

The plane ride ended quicker than you would have liked it to be, so now you find yourself walking beside your teammates to your family.
The breath in your throat gets stuck when you see your father and older brother Kayce waiting for you.
{What where they doing here together? Kayce didn't have contact with our family since seven years}, you thought.
The ways of your teammates splits a little as all of you reunite with your family members.
,,Good to see you back, Izzy", your brother says smiling.
,,You too", you say.
After hugging him, you turn to your father.
,,Hey daddy"
,,Hi baby", he kisses the top of your head.
Even though you wanted to know what was going on, you decided to keep quiet for now and see what's going on.
,,Isabella"
You turn around and look at Erik, who stands a few feet from you.
,,I'll be right back", you tell your father and brother, who nod.
Walking over to him, you look at him.
,,Keep an eye out. I did some digging, but couldn't find much. Hope that's enough", he says quietly.
You shake his hand gratefully.
,,I'm sure you did everything you could", you say, putting your hands in your pockets.
You walk back over to your family, waiting at the Yellowstone truck.
,,Ready?"
,,Yeah, I'm ready dad"
With that the three of you drive back to the ranch, you in the back seat, your dad driving and Kayce on the passenger seat.

As soon as the truck comes to a stop in front of the main lodge and you get out, the front door bursts open.
,,Aunt Izzy!", your nephew screams, jumping into your arms.
,,Hey Tate. It's good to see you buddy", you chuckle as you hold him at your hip, after catching him from jumping down the porches stairs.
,,Finally your back! I wanted to come with grandpa and dad but they wouldn't let me! I have some much to tell and show you", Tate states.
Some may have trouble keeping up with what the little boy says, but you ... you got used to it.
,,Easy grandson. Let her come home. There's enough time for you to show her everything you want to", your dad says, grabbing your bag and walking past you inside.
You chuckle and follow behind him, still carrying Tate.
Secretly you used him as a cuddle defense as no one could hug you as long as he was in your arms.
,,Fuck you look terrible. Didn't they give you any food", Beth says, looking you up and down disgusted.
,,Very nice big sister. Charming as always", you say rolling your eyes at her.
She smirks at you and takes another sip of her whiskey.
,,Hey Isabella", your sister-in-law greets you with a half hug.
,,Nice to see you too Monica", you hug her back.
,,Hey dad-", Jamie stops when he sees you and rolls his eyes.
,,Great the devils other half is back", he mumbles.
God have mercy with me.
,,Aww Jamie stop. You're flattering me", you smile at him sweetly.
With a huff he storms out.
,,That's the spirit girl", Beth cheers and gives you a high five.

As quickly as you were back in the family chaos, you were out of it.
Everyone went there separate ways, so that's how you ended up alone in the big house, finally getting a moment to breathe.
After getting situated in your old room, you hear footsteps.
The confusion on who it was quickly vanished when you open your bedroom door and see a specific cowboy in the hallway.
,,Looking for someone?", you ask, gaining his attention.
,,Isabella. I didn't know you where back", he looks at me a little shocked, before walking closer.
,,Yeah it was rather spontaneous. But you didn't answer my question Wheeler", you smirk at Rip, leaning against your doorframe.