Prelude: Flamboyant Sound Training

A month has passed ever since Kanae and Shinoe were put in a coma with no signs of waking up. It has affected the butterfly estate much. Shinobu started to smile in order to fill the void lift in her heart. Kaoru started to feel sadden by the state of her best friend. Aoi became very more strict with the demon slayers in recovery. Kanao was unaffected by it. Nobara and Mizuki tries to get over it but fails. Rui refuses to accept it and comforts everyone the best he can. And Zenitsu began training ruthlessly in order to get stronger so he won't lose anyone else. Zenko, Kaigaku, and Hunter worry for him.

The following night, Zenitsu was speaking to Shinobu.

Zenitsu: Was it ever possible to learn a second breathing style?

Shinobu: Oh!

She was surprised by the question.

Shinobu: To be honest, it's never been heard of mastering two breathing styles before.

Zenitsu: I was just thinking of ways to stop the demons. Kanae and Shinoe were defeated by a Twelve Kizuki, and I figured using two styles at once would overwhelm them and they would be a massive disadvantage.

Shinobu: The next Hashira meeting is tomorrow. I could inform the Oyakata about your idea, and let's hope the other Hashira will approve of it.

Zenitsu: Thank you very much Shinobu!

Shinobu patted her brother's head in comfort.

Shinobu: I will always support you Zenitsu. Now how about you go get some sleep? You've been training all day.

Zenitsu: Of course. Good night.

Shinobu: Good night.

(The next day)

Zenitsu and Hunter spar at each other while Nobara and Kanao, as well as Zenko and Kaigaku, and Rui and Mizuki were sparring as Aoi, Kaoru, and the butterfly girls watch. Taking a break, Zenitsu has lunch by himself. But he begins to feel someone watching him. He looks around not seeing anyone.

Zenitsu: (I could have sworn that I heard someone there.)

??: White hair?

Zenitsu was snapped out of his thoughts and looked up to see a man close to his head.

??: Your looks is flashy, but you don't fight flashy.

Zenitsu jumped because the man appearing before him didn't even make a sound.

??: What? You're telling me you never saw a shinobi before? You are oblivious.

Zenitsu: Shinobi?

??: That's right. I'm a "former" shinobi. My name's Tengen Uzui, the Sound Hashira. For some reason, I hear about how someone training to be a demon slayer says something about mastering two breathing styles.

Zenitsu: You have?

Tengen: Yeah.

His scowl turns into a smile.

Tengen: And I think it's very flashy.

Zenitsu: Huh?

Tengen: It could be a very good idea for the demon slayer corps. I suppose you could try and learn it since it's your idea.

Zenitsu: I'm sorry, huh!?

Tengen: My Sound Breathing derives from Thunder Breathing, the breathing style that you trained under.

Shinobu: I think what Tengen is trying to say is that he wants to train you in Sound Breathing.

She said entering the dining area.