Chapter 5 /|\ Selfless Act

Continued from last chapter

(APOLOGIES IN ADVANCE FOR THE EXTRA LONG CHAPTER)

"Move!"

That was the last thing Surveyor has heard before he felt Trickster colliding with him, and pushing him out of the way. However, in the process of this selfless act, Trickster was hit with a bullet. He screamed in agony as the bullet lodged right into his left shoulder, and he held it as he fell to the floor, and quickly scrambled to get cover, while using his right hand to shoot the rest of "The Masked". Surveyor felt an unexplainable rage growing inside him as he saw Trickster getting shot and trying to get protection. Something about his sacrifice made him feel pure rage, and it was directed to "The Masked" who shot his boss.

Whiplash immediately stepped in, spinning his titanium whip quickly to deflect any incoming bullets, as he helped up Trickster. He was bleeding, and he out his hand over the wound, as Whiplash started to lead him out of the lobby to safety.

"Surveyor! Take care of em for me! I'm gonna get boss away!" He yelled as the two quickly left the room.

Oh he was going to take care of them, all right. How dare any of "The Masked" try and take him down? They had some nerve if they thought they would be able to do that and escape alive.. Especially considering.. that. He had already taken down a lot of them, pretty quickly and smoothly. Unfortunately these two who dared to challenge him— let alone hurt his best friend, would be facing deep shit.

He ran towards them, dodging bullets like crazy as he  approached them, and shot them in their chests, sending them down to their knees then onto the floor. There weren't many of "The Masked" left, since most of them were also being taken out by the henchmen. He debated his options, and decided to continue killing the rest of them fairly quickly as to not inconvenience them. Only after all of them were dead, did he walk up to the two bodies of the once alive government spies who shot his best friend, his boss, and who attempted to shoot him. He stood at the bodies, staring for a while, before letting his heart act rather than his brain.

He pulled out his revolver and began shooting the corpses. Over and over again were they being shot. Surveyor had a dark look on his face, and his back turned to the others. The henchmen just stood there in silence, not daring to move or say a word as they witnessed Surveyor's cruel side. Surveyor was pretty laid back for the most of it, so seeing him get this angry was like winning the lotto. Highly unlikely, but not impossible. He kept shooting bullets everywhere into their corpses, letting all his anger out on them. Nobody really planned to stop him until..

The clacking of heels slowly approaching made its entrance, and in came Puppeteer. She had thought they'd lost, since she hadn't seen any of them. She had a limp, seemingly because of a new stab wound on her leg, but she persisted and approached Surveyor, putting a hand on his shoulder and turning him around, with a horrified look.

"Surveyor... what the fuck?! What do you think you're doing?!! They're dead— they can't feel it anymore! Chill out!"

Puppeteer frantically waved her hands in the air as she explained to Surveyor that this wasn't okay, and it seemed like he had realized too quickly. He put his gun back down into his pocket and scoffed, crossing his arms as he did this. He looked at the Puppeteer to say something, but before he could, he noticed her limp. She had gotten injured..?