Dear Diary, she makes me worried

19/02/22

Dear Diary,
I barely have anything to say today.

No words can probably express perfectly what I felt, I myself couldn't understand a thing.

I just seem to understand, Sara Tendulkar's presence and absence both affects me.

And it's just....weird.

She dropped by to return my favourite jacket today.

And she looked so pale yet so pretty.

It immensely worried me.

She looked like she'd cried for hours, and I couldn't resist the urge to stop her and ask her.

She wasn't her usual self today.

And I wonder why?

I'd rather have her mock me, throw playful insults and sly remarks instead of watch her vulnerable.

It's not a sight to behold for me, it's a sight to want to disregard for me, yet I couldn't do it.

" I...um...had to return your jacket. Seb said you're still there in Mumbai. So I dropped by to meet Jugnu and return your jacket. Thank you, for talking to me and distracting me, it really helped a lot. Here's your jacket, don't worry, I've not spoilt it."

Shubman frowned as he looked up at her.

She looked unusually pale, devoid of any makeup, all she had on was sunscreen and lip balm, she'd said it in an interview, those were the products she always put on, even if she didn't have anything else on.

But despite the paleness and having no makeup on, she still looked extremely ethereal.

She looked like she just cried for hours altogether.

Where was her usual self that would give him snarky retorts, sly smirks, and render him speechless?

She...worried him.

" Sara...are you okay?"

" Yeah...better than ever. Why do you ask?"

" You don't look okay."

" Concerned are you?" She arched a a brow, a playful smile spreading across her lips which didn't quite reach her eyes, for they shone with mirth.

" If I say, I am, would you believe you me?"

" Hardly. I'd feel there's something wrong with you instead."

" Why?"

" Shubman Gill being concerned about me, a girl he vehemently detests, doesn't sound so normal, does it?"

" I'm fine with the unusuality."

" I'm not, God something's actually wrong with you? You got fever?" She suddenly stepped closer to him, intruding his space as she placed soft warm palm on his cold forehead and pulled away quickly.

And now, Shubman wanted more of her touch.

" Nope, you're fine." She nodded, walking a few steps back.