Chapter 8 : Tasty Treats and Tender Togetherness

Angels POV

Anger. Rage. Frustration boiling over. That's all that courses through me as I stand in the small parking lot, watching the direction in which the three men have just disappeared.

How dare Carlos – no, Gaston – hurl abuse at me? How could Elliot be so malicious? And why didn't Alessio intervene?

But then I paused, a bitter realization sinking in. Why did I even expect anything from them? They weren't friends, not even acquaintances. So why did I hold onto this foolish hope, this flicker of expectation? What was I hoping for? What did I even want from them?

They kept throwing the same accusations at me, over and over again. "Backstabber." "Greedy gold-digger."

But how could I possibly be either? If I wanted money, I could have simply asked my dad. My dad is Rion Knight, for god's sake! If I wanted the entire café plated in gold and diamonds, my dad would have made it happen without a second thought.

So, as I stood there, grappling with their absurd allegations, I could only come to one infuriating conclusion—they were all utterly delusional, lost in a twisted fantasy where I played the villain.

I turned to Sasha, her expression mirroring my own frustration. "Angel, I know you're reluctant to involve Drew or Uncle Rion, but we need to seriously consider it! Those three bastards are absolute fucking lunatics!"

Her choice of words made me bristle slightly—I wasn't a fan of cursing. But after the stunt those three pulled today, Sasha had every right to unleash her fury. Heck, even I was seething with anger right now.

I nodded in agreement. "I know, Sash. Just give me some time to think this through. I might have to talk to Drew about it."

Sasha let out an exasperated sigh. "I mean, can you believe it? One of them has gone as low as stalking! Did you hear those adorable old folks?"

I shifted uncomfortably, still reluctant to spill the beans about the park incident to Sasha. But she was sharp as ever, catching onto my hesitation.

"What are you not telling me, Evangeline Knight?" she pressed, her tone tinged with frustration.

I shot her a nervous glance. "Well, actually, Sash, they got it all wrong. Alessio was there in the park, but he was just scoping out the neighborhood because he's looking to buy an apartment nearby."

She blinked at me, first blank and then incredulous. "Who's Alessio among those three, and how the hell do you know all this?" she demanded, clearly taken aback.

"Alessio is the dark-haired, soulless yet the most handsome guy of the trio. He has the most kissable lips," I admitted to myself, reluctantly acknowledging his attractiveness. "But of course, if I tell Sash all this, she'd probably think I need a psychiatrist more than those three."

Despite my dislike for the rockstars, I couldn't deny their good looks.

"But it's always Alessio you fixate on," my inner voice teases, its tone innocent yet knowingly provocative.

I resist the urge to roll my eyes, mentally scolding my self-consciousness. "I'd rather kick you and those absurd thoughts about that soulless Alessio to the curb before they resurface," I admonish, my frustration simmering beneath the surface.

Turning back to Sasha, who's still waiting for my response, I start, "So, here's the scoop. I happened to be at the park when those nosy oldies nabbed him. Alessio, you know, the brooding one with the black hair."

Sasha's eyes widen in surprise. "No way! Why didn't you tell me this earlier? Okay, spill the tea! I'm all ears."

With a casual shrug, I launch into the story, recounting every detail of the park incident, fueled by Sasha's curiosity and my own desire to clear the air.