Chapter eleven: knock knock

The silence that followed that question was so overwhelming for Yeji, who immediately looked at Ryujin, who was already looking at her, while her girlfriend continued stroking her shoulder.

The short-haired girl knew that the discomfort would only be for Yeji, because, the others could not even imagine with what intention Ryujin was asking that question.

"I mean, it's just, your face seems a bit familiar to me, I just wanted to check it out." She said quickly and Taeyong nodded.

"Yeah, sure. My last name is Lee, but I don't think we've met before." He said smiling, and then put his arm around Yeji's waist.

Ryujin just nodded and decided to stay silent, since she had discovered the truth. The man who was with Yeji, was the husband of her university professor, but she was going to wait for the exact moment to explode.

She wasn't sure if Yeji knew or not that Taeyong was a married man, but one thing she was sure of was that he hadn't touched Yeji before. She could see that from miles away, by the expression on the brunette's face every time he touched her.

"Oh well, since we know everything about you, how about we go to the table, right?" The woman said and got up from the couch. Next, Yeji and Taeyong did it, and finally Ryujin and Yeju.

At the time of serving dinner, Yeju decided to help her mother and while this was happening, Taeyong tried to be affectionate with Yeji, but Ryujin was sitting right in front of her, making it impossible for her not to feel uncomfortable under her gaze.

"You look very beautiful, princess." Taeyong whispered in her ear and Yeji looked up from her thighs, to see Ryujin.

They made eye contact, the short-haired woman felt her blood boil, while Yeji was beginning to feel a tickle in her stomach under that simple gaze. Taeyong made sure to plant a kiss on her cheek before Yeji's mom and Yeju returned to the table and dinner finally took place.

The rest of the night was nothing more than talking about the tons of names they could give the baby, when the wedding date would be and where they would get married. But Yeji spoke very little that night, only to answer some things that her mother or her sister asked her.

Since the noise in her head was more than enough.

At the end of dinner, Taeyong said goodbye to Yeji's mother, giving her a kiss on the hand, he said goodbye to Yeju and Ryujin by shaking their hands, and Yeji apologized to her family to take him to his car.

When the brunette realized that they were a good distance away, she stopped Taeyong because, she needed to clarify some things.

"Did you like my performance? I can come see you more days if-"

"Taeyong, wait." Yeji took a deep breath and then continued. "Look, I just needed you to come to my mom's house for dinner, you don't have to come every day."

The man frowned and moved a little closer to her, placing his hand on one of her cheeks and caressing her soft skin with his thumb.

"But, we need to make it believable, princess. Isn't that what you told me?"

"Yeah." Yeji grabbed Taeyong's wrist and moved his hand away from her face. "But I don't need all this and neither do those signs of affection. We only agreed on smiles and flirting, nothing more, we are friends, remember?"

She had to be clear with him from the beginning, so that otherwise there would be no misunderstandings. But apparently, Taeyong hadn't remembered that part of the deal.

"Oh, I understand." He said and cleared his throat before nodding. "Alright, I have to go, see you."

Yeji tried to walk away, but at that moment Ryujin was leaving the house with Yeju holding her hand, on the way to the bike. So, the first thing Taeyong did was take her waist and press her to his chest to kiss her goodbye.