Prologue: The Woman in Blue

While you were wandering a city enclosed by walls, you arrived at a park where you can see the many buildings and the screens built into them.

"Let's see what's on TV today," you said, leaning on the railing.

On the news, there were many topics about the celebrities in the city or those supposedly involved in something odd outside of their usual work. After that, there was only a few minutes of city officials discussing the current state of the outside world.

"It's the same thing every day. All these rumors and hardly any ounce of truth."

You heard footsteps and turned around to see a beautiful looking woman in a blue outfit walking. She stood next to you and looked at the buildings as well.

"It feels like only yesterday that the city felt more alive. People were not so afraid of life. Of what's outside, then all those crises happened and they decided the best thing was to wall themselves in."

"You read the archives as well?"

"No, I've seen it with my own eyes."

You felt that it was a bit unlikely considering how young she looks, but you didn't want to decline it as a possibility.

"I've never been outside of the city. My parents told me that they were built just as I was born."

"You and all the other young people in this place. And many prefer to go for what they believe is most convenient."

"Took the words right out of my mouth."

"I'm Margaret. What's your name?"

"Y/N. You've got a lovely name."

Margaret: "I get that a lot, but it's still nice to hear it."

You received a text from your parents asking you to come home.

Margaret: "You should return. It's best to not make your parents worried."

"Understood. Pleasure talking to you, Margaret."

Margaret: "Pleasure's all mine."

Once you turned home, you turned back around and saw that she disappeared.

"This is interesting."