꧁༺ 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓧𝓥𝓘𝓘: 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓔𝓷𝓬𝓸𝓾𝓷𝓽𝓮𝓻 ༻꧂

"You see," he confessed, "I am to marry General Kazi soon. I was hoping to get some information about her."

Kazi sighed, "What exactly do you want to know about her?" she asked, her voice neutral.

"Is she beautiful?" Azrael blurted out. "Average? Ugly?"

Kazi scoffed internally. So, the only thing he wanted to know about her was if she was beautiful. That was a bit insulting, but she supposed she shouldn't have expected anything more from someone like him. "Uhm... Your Majesty," she began, "would not you like to know more... interesting things about her? Such as her hobbies, her favourite food, you know, things that you might have in common?"

Azrael scoffed in return. "I do not care about such fickle matters," he declared. "I must know how she looks like, after all, I am to have children with her. Can you imagine me, an ethereal creature like me, giving birth to ugly children?"

Kazi's anger started to bubble. So, this was the man she was supposed to marry? This fool?

"I am a once-in-a-lifetime blessing, any woman who is to marry me should be considered blessed," he continued.

"You, a blessing?" she finally whispered, her voice dangerously low. "Please."

Azrael blinked, a hint of confusion flickering across his face. "What did you say?"

"I said... what if you are the blessed one instead?" Kazi repeated, her voice gaining strength.

"What do you mean?" he asked, the confusion in his eyes growing.

"I mean," she said, taking a step closer, "she is a General, commander of the Niamedan Army. A woman of strength, intelligence, and courage. But you..." she trailed off, letting the silence speak volumes.

"Are you saying I am not a blessing?" Azrael asked, his voice trembling. "I am the second prince! Have you not seen my appearance?"

Kazi was tired of this conversation. "Your Majesty," she began, her voice firm, "quite honestly—"

"Wait!" he interrupted, "Do you think she does not find me attractive?"

"..."

"I mean," Azrael continued, "she has refused to even meet me. Tell me, common guard, am I not attractive to women?"

"..."

"Do not answer that," Azrael said, more to himself than to her. "Maybe she is hideous that is why she has refused to meet me."

Kazi couldn't take it anymore. This self-absorbed prince needed a reality check. "I AM—" she started, then stopped herself. Taking a deep breath, she could not expose her identity to him. "I mean... my aunt Kazi is not ugly!" she said, her voice growing louder despite her efforts to keep it calm.

"Maybe It is you who has an ugly personality!"

With that, Kazi did not give him a chance to respond. She stormed off, leaving Azrael standing alone in the moonlight, his face confused. He had expected the common guard to be more subservient, more willing to please. But this one had not only defied him, but he had also dared to insult him.

"Did he just insult me?!" Azrael thought, his anger rising. "Who does he think he is?!" He took a deep breath, trying to calm himself. "I should have known better," he muttered to himself. "I should have expected this from someone so lowly."

Kazi threw open the doors of her chambers, anger coursing through her veins. Her eyes darted around the dimly lit room, searching for something, anything to throw. Anything to make the frustration and fury inside her chest disappear. How dare he! How dare he call her hideous and unworthy! She was one of the greatest General in all of Niameda and the first female general of Niameda and he was nothing but a spoiled, self-absorbed prince.

She flung her helmet across the room, the metal clanging against the stone wall. Azrael's words echoed in her mind, each syllable dripping with arrogance: "Ugly children," "Ethereal creature," "Blessed." He, a man who was afraid of a rabbit, considered himself a blessing? It was almost laughable. But it was not funny. It was not fair.

Kazi removed her armour piece by piece, laying it carefully on her bed. She paced around the room, her hands clenched into fists. She felt a desperate need to hit something, to make the anger inside her disappear. Her breath came out in short, ragged gasps as she thought about what the prince had said. How dare he? How dare he insult her.