CHAPTER- 18

Kiaan's Pov:

Navanya had been sleeping for a long time now, and we were about to reach Pathankot where we would have our lunch. My best friend Reyansh was finally joining us on the trip. I actually couldn't progress until I talk to him, and now, finally, he was joining us after a long meet-up with his extended family.

Having Reyansh around was always a good thing. He had a way of seeing things clearly and offering advice that cut through the confusion. He was the one person who knew about my feelings for Navanya from the beginning. His perspective and support would be invaluable right now.

As we stopped our cars at the restaurant, I glanced at Navanya, who was still sleeping. Before I could wake her up, Saanvi ran to the car. "Mumma," she said excitedly. I guess she hadn't slept this time during the journey.

"Umm," Navanya mumbled as she slowly opened her eyes, but before she could fully open them, she closed them again, squinting against the bright sunlight. I immediately moved my hand to shield her eyes, letting her adjust and open them gradually.

She looked at me, and in that moment, everything just stopped. Her eyes were the best part of her features, like a deep ocean in which I would happily get drowned. She didn't say anything, and neither did I, but a lot of words were shared in that silent exchange.

This time, her eyes screamed some unknown feelings, but one thing I could understand was confusion—confusion in her thoughts. I knew I had to clear that confusion. I needed to talk to her.

When her hair flew in front of her eyes, I was quick enough to tuck those strands behind her ear. I didn't want to spoil this moment. It was a moment of peace, a moment when I realized her inner self wanted to get over her past and start something new. The moment I realized she was ready to give a chance—not for herself, perhaps, but for Saanvi.

I couldn't let this chance slip away. I wanted to let her know she deserved the world, all the happiness, and all the love.

The moment I never wanted to end was abruptly interrupted by a knock from Yasish. "Ahem," he cleared his throat, and Navanya quickly looked away. I missed the chance to keep gazing into her eyes. She bit her lower lip, probably out of nervousness at the thought of everyone asking her about the moment.

"Y-you go... I-I'll come after a touch-up," she said, looking away. Her voice held a noticeable nervousness.

"Y-yeah," I stammered in agreement, nodding slowly before quickly getting out of the car. At least now I had the chance to request everyone not to ask her anything. Aiyana, Manan and Saanvi were nowhere to be seen, which likely meant they had taken her for a walk, and I was glad for that.

Approaching the group, I saw Deeksha, Yashika, and Yasish waiting by the entrance of the restaurant. Before anyone could say a word, I quickly spoke up. "Hey, can we give Navanya some space when she comes out? Let's not ask her anything about what just happened."

Deeksha raised an eyebrow but nodded understandingly. "Of course, Kiaan. We won't push her."

Yashika gave a small smile. "We just want her to be comfortable."

Yasish patted my shoulder. "Don't worry, mate. We got your back."

I felt a wave of relief. This was a small but significant step in ensuring Navanya felt at ease. As I glanced back at the car, I couldn't help but smile. The road ahead was still long, but I was ready to take it on, one step at a time.

"Hey, dude!" It was Reyansh, and I smiled as I saw him approaching with Aiyana, Manan, and Saanvi. They probably went to pick him up.

"Hey!" Yasish and I greeted, and we engulfed him in a bro hug. We all met with Reyansh, but Navanya still hadn't come out, likely because of nervousness.