꧁༺ 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓛𝓧𝓧𝓥 - 𝓒𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓘𝓷𝓺𝓾𝓲𝓻𝓲𝓮𝓼 ༻꧂

The drawing room was alive with enthusiastic chatter. Kazi, dressed in a pale purple gown, sat dramatically on a comfortable armchair, surrounded by her sisters and father. Fabric swatches cluttered the floor, the result of a frustratingly long appointment with the dressmaker.

"A wedding gown, Kazi," Ife said an especially beautiful fabric covered with lace, "It is customary for the bride to wear a wedding gown, especially when marrying into Althea. They are known for their extravagance."

Kazi groaned, tugging at the silky sleeves of her robe. "Extravagance is one thing, Ife. This gown I am wearing already weighs more than I do. How am I supposed to move in that?" Her sisters laughed, and even Governor Nari chuckled from his seat across the room.

Adanna, curious, darted in with a question. "But how does the wedding ceremony even work, Kazi? You know, with Azrael being an angel and all?"

All eyes turned to Ife, who sighed dramatically. "Not this conversation again, Adanna."

Adanna, unfazed, countered with a playful smirk. "Hey, I thought you like to 'read' all those books, Ife. You should know this information."

Ife rolled her eyes. "Angels have the same lifespan as us, Adanna. The only real difference is their celestial lineage and... well, they can fly."

Asha, chimed in. "Flying aside, that sounds fairly simple then."

Tanisi, the youngest, gasped. "Wow, first Nia marries a vampire, now Kazi's marrying an angel! What is next, a mermaid?"

Their light-hearted banter was interrupted by a frantic maid bursting into the room. "Sir Nari!" she shrieked, her voice carrying through the room. Everyone turned towards her. "What is it?" Governor Nari shouted, a frown etched over his brow.

"Her Majesty," the maid stammered, catching her breath, "Queen Nia of Ivamis! She is... she is giving birth!"

A collective gasp echoed throughout the room. The sisters exchanged wide-eyed looks; Kazi's wedding troubles temporarily forgotten.

"Nia? Giving birth?" Governor Nari repeated, his voice thick with shock.

"Prepare the carriage!" he exclaimed, yelling orders at the maid. "We leave for Ivamis at once!"

The news of Nia's impending birth overshadowed everything else. Kazi's wedding plans were put on hold as they went to be with their sister. The thrill of a new royal birth mixed with Nia's concern, resulting in a flurry of emotions. As the carriage drove away from Niameda, Kazi and Nia's futures remained wonderfully, unpredictably open.

Three days later, following a hectic journey full of nervous expectation, the carriage came to a halt before Ivamis Castle

Three days later, following a hectic journey full of nervous expectation, the carriage came to a halt before Ivamis Castle. Vampire maids, their motions fast and silent, led them to Nia's chambers.

Kazi's heart hammered frantically against her ribs as they approached the room. Moonlight flowed through the windows, illuminating Nia's bedchamber, where she rested with a calm grin. Kiyoshi reclined next her on the luxurious pillows, his normally stern expression marked with a tenderness Kazi had never seen before. However, the small bundle cradled in Nia's arms stole the show.