꧁༺ 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓛𝓧𝓧𝓘𝓧: 𝓜𝓸𝓻𝓷𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓑𝓵𝓲𝓼𝓼 ༻꧂

Sunlight shone through the curtain holes, creating vivid stripes across the comfortable bed. Kazi stirred, the effects of a passionate night still lingering on her skin. Yawning, she stretched, the soreness in her muscles a delightful reminder of their shared exploration. Glancing around the unfamiliar room, she noticed the empty space beside her. Azrael was gone.

A playful smile tugged at her lips as she remembered the passionate encounter, they had shared the night before. She felt a warmth spread through her chest at the thought of Azrael's touch. She sat up in bed, the sheets falling to her waist, and stretched her arms above her head. Yawning again, she glanced at the clock on the bedside table. It was nearly noon. She had never woken up this late in the morning before.

Pushing herself out of bed, she put on a comfy robe. As she walked past the full body mirror, she caught a glimpse of her reflection. Her beautiful short afro, that they had spent hours styling yesterday for her wedding, was now a messy tangle of curls. A blush crept across her cheeks as the memories returned, reminding her of the passionate night they had shared.

Kazi left the chamber with a quiet giggle, guided by the sounds of talking. As she walked down the grand staircase, murmurs from the living room became more audible. Peeking through the doorway, she noticed Azrael with his back to her, engrossed in conversation with a group of middle-aged women. Their expressions were a mix of anxiety and interest.

Kazi observed for a moment, a smile spreading across her lips. Azrael, was clearly giving instructions. "...and remember, your well-being is just as important as the smooth running of this household. You will be treated with respect, and your work will be fairly compensated."

Kazi took a big breath and cleared her throat, signalling her arrival. The women turned, their eyes wide with surprise. Before they could react, Kazi smiled warmly. "Good morning," she said, her voice pleasant.

The group of women bowed together. "Good morning, Milady," they said together, their voices full of amazement.

Kazi shuddered somewhat at the formalities. "Please," she murmured dismissively, waving her hand. "There is no need for such formality. Call me Kazi."

The women exchanged uneasy glances. One woman, with nice eyes and a warm smile, went forward. "As you wish, Kazi."

Kazi had a surge of warmth. "Thank you," she said sincerely. "And a warm welcome to you all."

Azrael turned, his face brightening at the sight of Kazi. He approached her, his eyes shining with affection. "There you are, beautiful," he muttered, his voice heavy from sleep. He stretched out and gently kissed her on the forehead.

Kazi snuggled into his embrace, a happy sigh leaving her lips.

The maids, their faces still flushed with surprise at Kazi's nonchalant demeanour, exchanged uneasy chuckles before leaving the room. Kazi watched them leave, a smile on her lips.

"So," she asked Azrael, her voice tinged with amusement, "what exactly where you doing there, love?"

Azrael, with his arm still around her waist, chuckled. "I am just making sure the new staff is settled in, beautiful. Explaining their duties, their pay schedule – basic housekeeping matters."

Kazi raised a mischievous eyebrow. "Is that not typically the role of the wife?"

He brushed a stray strand of hair from her face, his gaze tender. "Kazi," he began, his voice gentling, "you are a General, a powerful warrior of Niameda. Domestic matters should burden your brilliant mind. Besides," he added with a wink, "I would not want you to waste your time with mundane chores when we could be exploring other, far more interesting avenues."