Chapter 5

"And then they lived happily ever after." Caitlin said as she finished reading another story to Alice. At this point, it had been 2 months since Alice was placed into the hospital. Alice hadn't woken after collapsing that night. She fell into a deep coma, and so every night Caitlin would come and read to Alice before going to bed herself, just so Alice wasn't alone. Tonight, it was Cinderella. Last night, it was snow white.

"Hey Alice, you know I miss you like crazy and I am so mad at myself for letting you go with him. I'm fighting for you in court. I'm gonna make Jack pay for what he did to you. God, this is all my fault.
"Oh Cait no its not." Alice said in a weak voice.
"ALICE OMG, YOURE AWAKE!" Caitlin screamed whilst jumping up and down.
"MRS WILES SHES AWAKE!" she screamed.
"Woah, Cait, tone it down a bit." Alice said in a weak voice.
"Yeah, sorry, Al. So... how are you feeling." Caitlin asks.
"Okay." Alice responds.
"Al. I'm so sorry. I feel like this is all my fault. I can't live with the fact that I encouraged you to go with him. If only I hadn't, if only I tried to stop -" But Caitlin was interrupted.
"Caitlin Amelia Grace, you are the most smart person I know, so you of all people should know that there was no way we could've known what was going to happen that night." Alice responded whilst sitting up.
"Yeah, I guess you're right." Caitlin responded.

Just then, the doctor came waltsing in with her clipboard in hand." Hello Alice, nice to see you awake. So I've had a look at your charts, and it seems since you're awake, you can go home, so pack your stuff up and get ready. we will be discharging you within the hour." She said with a beaming smile.
"Great, I'll start packing. Alice responded.