CHAPTER 1

“There is a crack in everything. That's where light comes in. And he is my light. During that time, there was a man who came to me, across the mountains and rivers. Being at a terrifying situation I had nowhere to escape.”

Whenever she had been in a difficult situation, her hero saved her. No matter how much they drift apart, no matter how different their life paths may be, fate would bring them together again and again.

She was tied up in a room when he arrived and quickly untied her,
“What should we do now?”
“Run!”
He quickly put a life jacket on her.
“What about you?”
“Forget everything about here once you leave.”
He pushed her out of the ship.

“Those fragments rewind like a film, frame by frame. They replay repeatedly in my mind for the rest of my life. I know I can't grasp him, just like I can't grasp the unpredictable light. It shines brightly the last moment. Yet disappears and leaves with no trace behind. Like a bubble.”

Afterwards, she returns to the beach, her eyes still fixed on the horizon. The ship then explodes, and she feels as though her entire world has been blown apart. She screams out in anguish, “Sid! Siddharth!!!” Her voice is raw and piercing, filled with a mix of shock, grief and desperation.

“When I was 20 years old, you stranded all my love

“When I was 20 years old, you stranded all my love. The moment you disappeared... I lost my life too.”

“I lost my life too.”, her voice cracks as she whispers this, the pain still raw.

"The memories fade, and I'm back in the present, sitting in a dimly lit theatre. The actor on stage lies on a burial bed, and I'm overcome with emotion. Tears stream down my face as I cry out for the love I lost.”

She was crying a lot. Can the script modified by fate, return to what it was at the first place? Since then, her heart is lost. And she can only bury him deep inside her memory.

The actor sits up, frustrated, “Ashi! I can't move on if you act like this. Isn't it written in the script? The female lead knows that the male lead is faking his death this time. But you're crying too much. The male lead loves you so much. Then... shall I revive myself?” The actor asks, breaking character.

Ashi immediately stands up, her voice trembling with emotion. “Can you act according to the script? You're the one who didn't do well. Yet you are putting the blame on me.” She says, her words laced with a mix of sadness and frustration, struggling to explain her emotional outburst.

"Are you saying I can't act well?" The actor's voice rises in indignation. "I graduated as the outstanding student of the Department of Theater at Mumbai University. I was on a scholarship for three consecutive years. The student council even named me the most handsome Romeo." He smirks, running his hand through his hair. "You... How dare you say my acting is bad?"

Ashi then rolls her eyes and furrows her brow. She, still frustrated, abruptly says, "Let's call it a day. Let's go back." The man in charge nods, "Okay! Let's stop here today. You are dismissed."