𝟎𝟒𝟔. 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐚 𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐝 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧

TO BE A CHILD AGAIN
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

⋆𐙚₊˚⊹ chapter forty-six,
Gilmore Girls — Season Three

⋆𐙚₊˚⊹ chapter forty-six, Gilmore Girls — Season Three

July 18th, 2002

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

[ TRISTAN'S POV ]

IT'S NO SECRET THAT I LOVE MY GIRLFRIEND. I love her more than she knows, and I think I could genuinely love her for the rest of my life. I know I'm only seventeen, but the girl that stands in front of me is wife material, and I swear I will put a ring on that finger one day.

I'd be a damn fool not to love her.

She's the kindest person I know, always caring about others before herself. She has the biggest heart, one that she shares with me, and one that I will hold onto for as long as she'll let me. She has the sweetest smile, one that I catch myself staring at now. She's the most ethereal person I know, and I'm seriously the luckiest guy in the world. For the past year, loving Luciana Danes has made me a better person.

I didn't think it was possible to love her more than I already do, but then she goes and laughs with my sister and paints a heart on my sister's cheek for her birthday. Watching her care for my sister in the same way that I do warms my heart, she has no idea how much.

"She isn't going to disappear, T."

I roll my eyes over to my cousin— a guy who invited himself to my sister's twelfth birthday party as he's starved for entertainment these days. He starts Yale in the fall, meaning I won't see much of him once he becomes Mr. College, but I may end up in Yale, who knows?

"It's nice that you're here, but why are you here?" I ask, and Logan grins.

"What? I can't celebrate my little cousin's birthday?" His eyes move towards Lucy's best friend who stands with a group of Lisa's friends. They're standing in a circle, twirling around and giggling.

I scoff which catches Logan's attention. "No."

"What?"

"That's Lucy's best friend," I tell him, not that it'll do any good. "Stay away from her."

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"You're always cruising for a hookup, dude. It's my little sister's birthday, can you not?" I sigh, shaking my head in disappointment.