PROLOGUE: A BIZARRE GATHERING / BEGINNING OF PHANTOM BLOOD

In the depths of the void, in the middle of... Well, nowhere, actually. In fact, to call it a void would be a misnomer, as a void would imply some form of empty space. This expanse wasn't empty, per say, rather it was completely full... yet empty as well. It was absolutely everything and absolutely nothing occupying the same single space-time coordinate, while also not occupying that single space-time coordinate. It was essentially an impossible, yet completely possible, theoretical-yet-proven space that occupied nothing and everything. It was essentially a realm made of paradoxes.

There, in the middle of the expansive realm, sat a cinema. It was a strange sight to see - Oh look! It's Schrödinger's Cat! Ahem. The cinema was a strange sight to see in this, quite frankly, bizarre realm, but it was made/constructed/thought-up for a singular purpose...

"Finally. I never thought I'd manage to convince those old bastards to allow this Changing of Fates." The Wyrdweaver said, rolling his shoulders.

This dapper individual is The Author of this story, who, for story purposes, shall be a somewhat recurring character - "Shut up Narrator! You're giving me a headache!" - Oh, sorry!

"Sir Weaver..." A tired, disinterested and flat-out fed up voice called out.

This shrimpy and lean catgirl is named Wicca, who is normally just Wyrdweaver's Pet Cat, however, for this story, shall be serving as Wyrdweaver's Voice and Assistant

"Don't you dare give me that tone of voice, Wicca! It's been a very stressful day!" Wyrdweaver sort-of shouted, his accent taking on a welsh quality. "Oh for Fuck's Sake! I went Welsh! AGAIN!" He took a breath. "You know what, let's roll with it."

He took out a small crystal tablet, tapping a few buttons, only to receive a pop-up. Groaning, he moved past it after giving a swipe of some kind of keycard, and after a few final presses, a series of portals opened up, dumping out a group of people (and one dog) onto the ground in a dogpile, the dog on top.

"Alright, let's get this show started!"

- O o O o O o O -
[Phantom Blood Crew]