CHAPTER 1

I leaned against the wall. Eavesdropping on the conversation of two women who are having a heated argument. I quietly watched them.

"I had to tell you about this. I can't keep it a secret anymore, ma'am. Mr. Min should be responsible for his actions." the woman who came from nowhere touched her stomach while looking at mummy's sad face.

"What are you talking about? I've had enough headaches with my son's problems. All of a sudden you came here to confess that you are pregnant with my husband's child?"

Like a thunderbolt, mummy's voice echoed in my ears. 'what? Daddy impregnated the woman? I heard wrong, didn't I?'

"please, ma'am. I don't have anyone in this world. I made a mistake, I had to serve Mr. Min because he promised to help me and my family." the young woman knelt in front of mummy.

My body trembled as I witnessed all this. I saw mummy almost collapsed. Just as I was about to take a step closer to mummy, daddy appeared with a tense and worried expression. I stopped my steps and went back to hide behind the wall.

"Yu Na! What are you doing? I told you not to disturb my wife!" daddy's voice got louder. "Is it true, dear? Is it true what this woman said?" mummy's voice trembled as she asked daddy.

"I swear! For the sake of god. This child is Mr. Min's son. Please, Mr. Min, marry me. I can't live in sin anymore. I'm afraid Sir... how can I face the shame of giving birth to a child out of wedlock and without a husband? Where do I put my face to face my family?" this time the woman begged daddy..

Daddy's face has turned pale. "how dare you... how dare you do this to me?" mummy's tears fall down her cheeks. Today, I saw the weak side of mummy. Mummy, who always looks strict, is being destroyed because of daddy.

"honey... listen first to what I have to say. I..." seeing daddy's nervousness at the moment, I knew the woman wasn't lying. I was amazed that daddy dared to make mummy fall apart like this.

My tears flowed rapidly. I want to hug my mummy. I want to say to mummy that I will always be by mummy's side.

But when I just wanted to get back on my feet...

"Sun Ah!" Daddy's voice screamed loudly.

Mummy collapsed on daddy's lap. "Mommy!" I rushed to get mummy.

All night I tried to contact Hyunjin's hyung. I know Hyunjin's hyung is upset after mummy and daddy made a decision without discussing it with him. I know that Hyunjin's hyung is chasing his love. But for God's sake, I really need him right now.

I went back and forth in front of the emergency room where mummy was lying helpless.

I saw my daddy sitting alone with a frown on his face. The woman who made mummy condition look like this, has disappeared somewhere without traces. Maybe daddy told her to go.

I really want to scream in front of daddy face. Look at what daddy has done? You've hurt my mummy!

How could daddy hurt mummy's heart so cruelly. What's wrong did mummy do? Mummy always follows what daddy says. Mummy who always treat daddy's like a king. Isn't that enough? Until daddy has to cheat mummy with that slut? With a woman almost the same age as me and Hyunjin's hyung!

By dawn, my call was finally answered.

"oh my god! Finally you pickup my call. hyung! Where did you go? Come to the hospital quickly. Mummy hyung...mummy..." I burst into tears again when I heard my hyung voice. I sat on the corner of the wall covering my mouth so that my cries would not echo in the room and disturb the patients in the hospital.

"What happened Yoonie? Why with mummy?"

"hyung comes first. I will tell later. I need you, hyung. And mummy needs you... I... I'm so lost right now." I complained to my hyung. I feel so helpless rignt now, so lost...

"I'm coming. Wait for me."

I know that my brother will never leave me. Not like daddy. Ever since then, he has not persuaded me or calmed me down. I don't know what was in his mind.

After a while, my eyes caught a glimpse of Hyunjin hyung running towards us.

I immediately rushed towards him and hugged him tightly with tears that were scattered like a stormy rain.

"What wrong with mummy, Yoonie?" Hyunjin hyung loosened his hand from my arms and asked anxiously. My shoulders were held left and right as he asked me.

I looked up at my beloved brother's face with a sad look.

"The doctor said mummy's blood pressure was so high that the blood vessels burst. Mummy had to be put in a coma... and doctors couldn't operate. They had to wait for mummy's blood pressure to stabilize. I'm afraid hyung... I'm afraid we'll lose mummy..." I was sobbing as I told what happened.

"Huh? No, it's not possible." my brother's hands fell down and his steps went backwards.

Suddenly daddy rushed towards hyung.

Pang! Daddy's palm landed on my hyung's cheek.

"look what you've done! Your mummy is lying sick like that because of you. Are you satisfied?"

I was shocked to be a witness to daddy's actions. Hyung head bent down while touching his cheek. "Daddy! What are you doing?" I woke up from the shock, immediately I rushed toward my hyung.

My hand went up to touch his cheeks which were red from being slapped by daddy.

If I follow my heart, I really want to scream at daddy to my heart's content. How can daddy blame my hyung! I really didn't think daddy could be this cruel.

Hyung may be guilty of running away from home last night. But that's not the reason mummy fell ill! The cause is daddy himself.

"I'm sorry, Yoonie... I'm sorry..." I heard my hyung apologize from his hoarse voice that he clearly felt guilty.

"No, it's not your fault..." my tears fell again. I can't bear to see my hyung blame himself.

However, my tongue tied to express the truth. I'm afraid to tell the truth to my hyung.

"Let's go see mummy, okay?" I gently persuaded him. My eyes stared at daddy sharp!

Without saying much more, I pulled my hyung's arm towards mummy's treatment room.

I can't look at daddy's face. My hatred is overflowing. Before I explode there, I better take my hyung away from there.