Where It All Began

Love is a beautiful thing. It's full of joy, passion, and excitement. But sometimes, love can also be painful. It's the feeling of loving someone who doesn't love you back. But sometimes, love can also be painful. Unrequited love is one of the worst kinds of pain. It's the feeling of being rejected and alone.

I know this pain all too well. I've been in love with the same boy for ever since I was 5. 

I still remember my first day of kindergarten. When I entered my class, my eyes fell on this boy playing with his classmates. His laughter was infectious, and his eyes sparkled with joy. That was the moment I knew I was captivated by him.

Our teacher, Mrs. Thompson, clapped her hands to get our attention. "Good morning, everyone!" she said with a warm smile. "Welcome to your first day of kindergarten! My name is Mrs. Thompson, and I'll be your teacher this year."

She noticed me standing at the doorway, clutching my backpack nervously. "Come on in, dear," she encouraged. "What's your name?"

"Alice," I replied shyly, stepping forward.

"Welcome, Alice!" Mrs. Thompson said kindly. "Why don't you find a seat and join the fun?"

I nodded and looked around the room. My eyes caught sight of the boy again. He was building a tower with colorful blocks, completely absorbed in his task. I found an empty spot at a table nearby and sat down, unable to take my eyes off him.

Mrs. Thompson continued, "Today, we're going to start by introducing ourselves. Let's go around the room and share our names and our favorite things."

The boy put down his blocks and looked up, waiting for his turn. When it finally came to him, he stood up confidently. "My name is Mason, and I love playing with my cars"

Then it was my turn. I felt a little nervous as I stood up. "My name is Alice, and I love drawing and singing."

Mrs. Thompson smiled at me encouragingly. "Thank you, Alice. It's nice to know you love singing. I bet you have a beautiful voice!"

I sat back down, my cheeks warm. I glanced at Mason to see if he was looking at me, but he had already gone back to his blocks. Even so, I felt a small spark of happiness. This was the beginning of something special, even if I didn't know it yet.