I'm over my head

Silently I walk. I'd never snuck out before. I gripped my flash light in my hands. I wanted to explore an abandoned house. I was meeting up with my friend Sable. After I arrived at the house, I texted her and waited to see where she was.

Me
"I'm here where are you?"
Sable
"I'm down the street, I'm almost there."
Me
"Dude hurry up.. this place is creepier at night."
Sable
"Ok I'm here. Where are you?"

I called out. "sable!" A flash of light hit my face and sable snickered. "There you are!" I rubbed my eyes. "Flash bang." I whispered half to myself. "Are you ready to go inside?" I ask. She nodded and smiled, holding up her flashlight to the door. "It's unlocked right?" I ask, worried that we wasted this night for nothing if it were locked. Sable walked up to the door ad pushed it open, a fearful look on her face. "This was closed earlier. I made sure before we came to unlock it." I roll my eyes. "Come on." We walk in, it was dark and dirty. I look around, scanning my flash light around to see if I could find anything cool. Bang. I jump. Sable looks at me. "That came from upstairs!" I felt my blood rushing through my body. Everything inside me was telling me run, but my curiosity got the best of me. "I'm gonna check it out, maybe it was a cat?" I say, looking at Sable from over my shoulder. She frowned. "What if it's some homeless guy? He would probably jump you!" I giggle. "Oh come on, there's not gonna be any homeless people." I take a step on the first stair. It was creaky. I took another step, and then I found myself stepping onto the second floor. I shin my light around, my heart skipping a beat when I notice a small light on one of the spare rooms. Something told me to look. "Hello?" "Bro you scared us!" A male voice rang out and I jump. A group of 3 boys come out, fear imprinted on their faces. I laugh historically. "I can't believe I scared a bunch of boys." "I can't believe a little girl scared y'all." One of the boys said to his friends. He looked at me up and down and then glared at me. "How'd you get in here?" I asked. "We broke in. Isn't that obvious?" I roll my eyes and realize that Sable had taken off. "Dang it." I sigh. "I'm probably going to go home now. It was nice meeting you- I guess?" But before I can fully turn around to leave, one of the boys grabs my arm. "Wait, do you have snap?" I felt embarrassed. I was waiting for someone t say something like that. "Why?" I asked. "Because I need some friends who aren't gonna cry like little kids when they explore abandoned buildings." I give him my information. We say our goodbyes and I walk home.

Me
"So where did you want to explore?"
Xander
"There's a cool abandoned mine shaft that I found."
Me
"Oh cool!! When are you planning to go?"
Xander
"Tonight, I can pick you up."
Me
"That sounds good, I'll see you then."

I stood outside waiting for him. When I finally saw him. I ran up to him with excitement and he smiled. "Are you ready?" I nod. "Are you ready?" I asked him. He smiled. "I'm always ready." We begin to walk to the mine shaft that he told me about. I felt close to him, a certain warmth that a normal friend didn't give me. I like him, he's not the type to run off. His soft skin glowed in the moonlight, turning a soft blue. His brown eyes were facing in front of him, not at me. I liked that. I felt my skin growing hot the more I looked at him. I turned away.

(Past)
"Xander." I say. The name still so fresh to me.
"Xander." He says.
"I'm West. Don't ask me, my parents chose that name."
He smiles. "It's a pretty name."

(Present)

He leads me into the shaft, I felt excitement. He turned to look at me over his shoulder and I felt butterflies. "Are you coming?" He asked, holding out his hand for me to grab. Some doors have "STAY OUT" spray painted in white. I grabbed his hand and he pulled me closer to him. "We don't have all night." He grumbled, looking ahead of him. We turned on our flashlights and looked around. Drop drop. Drop drop. Drip drop. Water leaked into the cavern-like atmosphere, causing a small pool of water. The surface of the water was covered with a sheet of white, but there were no visible signs of any mold. I turned my flashlight o the wall, noticing something carved onto it.

T-E-R-R-I-F-I-E-D

I don't have any clue what that meant, he walked over to me and read the word. He ran his fingers across it, pulling them back. "Not fresh. It's old writing." He said, looking at me with his beautiful eyes. I smiled. "I wonder what it means? It's different than all of the spray paint on the walls." He nodded. "Let's keep going." We walked further into the shaft. An hour or two went by. We had laughed and chattered like birds in the trees. Until we stopped. "West." He said, grabbing my shoulder. But before I could say anything, he kissed me. Embarrassment slithered itself inside me, and I pulled away. I stared at him, shocked. "I.." He stared at me, I could see his embarrassment. "Crap, West...I'm sorry!" He ran. I watched him run. "Xander please!" I called out but he never returned.

Xander
"I'm sorry."
Me
"It's fine... I was just so surprised."
Xander
"I love you, West."
Me
"I love you too."

Everyday we hung out at the mine shaft. It was so fun. Four years went by and we still visited the old hang out spot. "West." Xander said, grabbing my hand. He bent down and I felt my chest burst. "Will you marry me?" I started to cry. "Yes! Yes I'd love to." 2 weeks. We were getting married in 2 weeks.

2 weeks later. We visit the mine shaft the day before we get married. It was raining. We walk down to the area with the pool and the "terrified" writing in the wall. We sat there holding hands. Drop drop. Drop drip. Drop drop. I laid my had on his shoulder. But then i heard something. Thunder? But it shook the shaft. I turned. My blood drained from my face. Water was flowing down the shaft. It was going to crush them. "XANDER GO!" I ripped him up, pulling him down the shaft further. "WEST!" He yelled. "We can't go further, there's no way out." No. I couldn't feel legs. "No come on. There's the stairs up." I pulled him again, and we ran. Water was up to our waist at this point. We got to the stairs. "Come on West go!" No. "You go first." He growled. "WEST." "NO!" I yelled, pushing him up further before the water pulled me away deeper into the shaft. I don't remember much after I hit my head, Xanders voice ringing out.

"How do you feel?"
T-E-R-R-I-F-I-E-D