02- Tiny Little Things

Yumna was exhausted after her ‘Nayab’ training sessions. She came to the sets of Tere Bin, completely zero energy left for shoot. She had to shoot the scene where she came back from the hospital after the fake pregnancy episode. Wahaj could almost see the exhaustion on her face, which wasn’t something she was adding up with her acting. He felt something was wrong with her. And he knew Yumna, being Yumna, would never ask for an early wrap when she clearly needed some rest. So, he pretended that he had an emergency. At that point, almost all her scenes were with him around, so the production had to wrap up for the day. Yumna couldn’t bear any more time on the set and immediately left.

In the parking area, she sat in her car, but right at that moment, even driving a car felt like a task. Just then, Wahaj came and knocked on the opposite side of the window, which she rolled down and asked what he wanted. He pretended his car was broken and asked if she could give him a lift. Yumna couldn’t ask for him to drive as a favor, so she commanded that he must drive if he wanted a lift. To which he agreed instantly, his smile threatening to escape seeing how this woman always acts as someone who doesn’t need help from anyone. She walked out towards the passenger seat. He opened the door for her as she sat. He bent down to put on her seatbelt, and her eyes widened seeing him do it for her. His face was now very close to her right ear as he whispered,
“We don’t want you getting hurt by hitting your head somewhere in this tiredness, right?”

And in an instant, he was gone, closing the door behind him. She exhaled, not knowing she was holding her breath for how long. As he moved towards the driver’s seat, she saw his smile. And skeptically asked him the reason for that and what emergency he had to attend to. To which he replied, “You.” 

Yumna’s breath hitched on a blunt response. He started the engine, and they drove away. Yumna couldn’t understand what he meant, but then he sarcastically said,

“You know, Ms. ‘Perfect actress, gives her best under all circumstances.’ was so proud to say she was tired, so someone had to do so on her behalf.”

Yumna in a high-pitched defensive tone replied, “I’m fine, okay!”

She stressed her words, “You didn’t have to lie like that and waste the day. Everyone was there, and they had to go through so much trouble. You would have seen; I would’ve acted just perfectly fine.”

Wahaj sighed as he said, “I know you would’ve done perfect even in this state, but please, sometimes you need to think about yourself and prioritize yourself. Asking for an early wrap for once would not kill this professional perfectionist, Yumna Zaidi.”

Yumna just huffed, still not liking the fact that all the cast and crew had to go through so much trouble just because of her. She folded her arms in front of her, now looking out of the window. Wahaj, knowing her too well, knew she was angry with him. She was now completely ignoring the fact that she was so grateful at heart when Wahaj said he had an emergency, but of course she would never tell this to him. As the car stopped at the red light of the signal, he held her right arm.
“Yumna, please yar mood to sahi kr lo. You can’t deny that you need rest.”

Yumna, was still looking out, “Baat mat kro mujh se tum.”

Wahaj moved his hand from her arm to her chin to make her look at him. She reluctantly turned her head toward him.

“Yar khud ko dekho tum zara, you always look so fresh, always with the high vibe and positive aura of yours. Set per aati ho saaf pata chal jata hai, Yumna has arrived. But as soon as you came today the Yumna’s spark in your eyes was missing. I thought something happened to you. I was worried. And then as I observed you, I realized you were tired. Ek to itne itne projects kr leti ho sath main, which leaves zero time for yourself and makes you weary and exhausted.”