15.1 𓆩🖤𓆪 hot and cold

Thank you so so much for your love!

Today might be your lucky day! I'm thinking of giving two back-to-back updates and one shorter one at the end, as a bonus! :")

Mainly because I cannot wait for MaNan OMGGGG and I'm sure you can't either!

In saying so, I would still love it if you guys continued to support me through these intermediate parts (which I'll put up over the next few hours). I spent most of the weekend typing out these parts for you so please keep it coming :P

 I spent most of the weekend typing out these parts for you so please keep it coming :P

𓆩𓆪

Dhruv brought a few tiffin boxes containing cooked rice, some potato fry, a chole masala, some side salad, and two folded rotis to SPACE Academy. "Dhruv, accha hua tum yahan mil gaye, I need you to look into this for me." Saying so, Raghav closed a ring binder with a stack of pages embedded in it and pushed it across the desk. His frown lines had been apparent and had denoted a strain that surpassed physical exhaustion.

Dhruv put the food on the table and swapped it for the binder, looking concerned for his boss. "You seem worried, is everything okay?"

"Since the last two days, money has been bouncing from our donation account. I've used my contacts and requested several of them to try depositing money into SPACE but it isn't going through."

It was usually Cabir's responsibility to go over the bookkeeping. Since dinner the previous night, Dhruv had noticed a change in his friend's demeanour; Cabir, who usually sat next to the Professor and Dhruv, had taken a seat between him and Manik, which had hinted towards a lover's quarrel they didn't openly disclose to the others. No wonder the Professor was stressed.

Although Dhruv was not well-versed in the activity, the current hour required someone to take the burden off the Professor. "I'll have a look, you don't stress." He said politely. The Professor, delightfully relieved, stood up from the bench, thanking him for the food, and headed out to have his lunch.

Dhruv sat in his spot and scanned the binder, looking through financial statements for any defaults or any plausible reasons that could have frozen their transactions. All by himself.

In times like those, he wished he had Alia around to bounce ideas and thoughts off of her. Everything changed two months ago when...

A building, with moss creeping over it from the outside, was thoroughly lit as if its residents were celebrating Diwali all year round. Once inside, it had two front doors that opened into the same lounge area and a deck of stairs shaped in a semi-circle above it, allowing access to the second floor from either side of the receptionist's desk. Instead of curtains, a variety of sheer sarees hung over the tinted windows, hiding the scandals taking place on its premises.