Chapter 9

Adarshini let Eshanth's hand go as they walk out of their house. They stroll along the quiet streets under a blanket of stars. One, a dreamer, gazes up at the sky, lost in thoughts that seem to dance with the constellations above.

The night air is cool and crisp, carrying with it the scent of flowers and distant sounds of the city settling into slumber. The soft glow of street lamps casts gentle shadows.

Adarshini has a gentle smile on her face. Her heart feels calm. She glance at Eshanth before turning her head to the side looking at the flowers that were swinging around, dancing on the wind instruction.

Eshanth eyes were fixed on Adarshini since they had walked out of their house. He can feel something was different, but he didn't point it out. He just let Adarshini do whatever she wants.

" The moon is beautiful, isn't it?" Adarshini says, staring at Eshanth. Her eyes were brighter than usual. Eshanth stop walking, his eyes were fixed on Adarshini. Her hair gently sway, making her more beautiful.

Adarshini heart started pounding faster. She waited for Eshanth reply.

Eshanth takes a short breath before looking up at the sky.

" It is.....Beautiful." Eshanth replied and look back at Adarshini.

Adarshini smiles widely.

Eshanth's green eyes were reflecting the moon. His eyes were mesmerising taking Adarshini's breath away.

" Your eyes...." Adarshini fumbled with her hands. It was suppose to be in her heart, she didn't know how it comes out of her mouth. She decided to complete her thought.

Eshanth waited for Adarshini to continue.

" are beautiful....very beautiful."

The look in Eshanth's eyes change for few moments before it went back to usual. " Thank you." Eshanth replied.

Adarshini smiles softly.

The whole time the smile on Adarshini's face didn't wilted. She was happy.

——————

" Let's go on a long drive" Adarshini announced walking in the living room. Adarshini's confidence has skyrocketed ever since she has started taking initiative and with Eshanth positive response to every thing she ask, makes her feel everything gonna be alright. If she ask let's go eat outside, he'll reply with a yes. If she ask let's go on a walk everyday, he'll reply with a yes, etc.

She's turning into her old self. She was very happy.

Eshanth who was reading newspaper, turns to look at Adarshini. It has become common for Adarshini to announce whatever goes in her mind. It has grown in Eshanth now. He's not surprised now. He checked the time on his watch, 11:23 P.M.

" Now?" Adarshini smile at Eshanth. She knew Eshanth wouldn't say no to her. She was stupid to think of Eshanth like that.

" Yes. Long drives are good when it is done at night." Adarshini replied, putting her hand on her hips.

" Okay." Eshanth put down the paper and stand up.

" I'll wait at driveway."

Adarshini nodded watching Eshanth walking away.

She patted her cheek. " Confidence is the key to success." She says.

The car's headlights cut through the darkness, illuminating the winding path ahead. Inside, there's a sense of calm and freedom as the world outside blurs by in a rhythmic motion.