CHAPTER 4- Does it feel good when you play with my hair?

"Wake Up!"

Aiden opened his eyes in response to the voice, and found himself lying within an open coffin in a lamp lighted chamber.

Aiden examined the room but couldn't find the source of the voice. He could feel pain in his throat and the tightness of the dry tears on his cheeks.

In the room, he noticed three other coffins besides the coffin he had laid on.

"Not again," he whispered feebly, on the verge of tears.

He crawled out and accidentally staggered into another nearby coffin due to the numbness in his body.

The coffin partially opened, revealing a blonde female around his age lying lifeless with stitches done around her neck.

He recalled seeing the same golden blonde hair after when he was pulled out of the twin's masked room.

"Were you the one who came that time?" He asked as he touched her hair.

"Yes."

He lifted his head to the source of the voice, which belonged to the girl standing in opposite to him with identical face and hair as the one resting in the coffin.

"It seems, you're still fond of my hair." The girl smiled, watching him caressing the lifeless girl's hair.

"You're... one of them?"

"One of whom?"

"Those people from before."

"Those peo- aah! They're not real, they were illusions-"

She heard footsteps near their room and immediately made Aiden hide in a small, spacious area beneath one of the closed coffins.

The door opened, and Aiden could see a man's feet stepping inside. Upon a few seconds of silence, the man inquired in a serious low tone, "Where's Aiden?"

"Watching him screaming and whining... pained me, that's why I stopped the hallucinations."

"It's fine, but where did you hide him?"

The girl kept silence before answering, "He... he went to see Aunt Eliza."

Aiden watched the man leave the room as soon as he learned of his false location.

The girl asked Aiden to come out, but he declined. She peeked underneath and saw him burying his head between his arms. He had no idea what was happening to him, suddenly brought from the streets to a strange location full of terrifying beings.

"Don't worry, come out. There's someone who wants to meet you."

The girl got him to follow her and brought him downstairs into a room.

Aiden entered the room and stopped his steps when he saw the adult version of the girl whom he followed. The adult was a golden blonde-haired lady with bright platinum iris, pacing back and forth in stress. She paused as she noticed Aiden glued on the entrance.

"Aiden... You're Aiden?"

He nodded.

"You've grown a quite." she smiled with relief.

"How... how do you know me?"

The Lady requested Aiden to close the door and take a comfortable seat so that he could continue to hear her.

"Just listen to me and when I'm done, you'll understand everything."

He nodded, and the girl sat alongside him.

"I'm Silvia, Your aunt."

She glanced at the girl and introduced her to Aiden, "She is Amelia, my daughter, and your elder cousin."

The lady gently stroked the girl's hair. "She is five years older than you."

Aiden remained silent and let Silvia to finish.

She inquired, "Your adoption details were published online, can you tell me something about it?"

"The lover of the sister Lina, who was looking after me, didn't wanted me to stay with her. So she might have sent my information here and there, and eventually found me some random parents."

"So that's what happened... Listen, Aiden, let me clear all of your doubts regarding this area and about us.

Your father was the one to bring you here, and Amelia showed you the illusions about those numerous rooms under your father's command."

He gazed at his aunt blankly, trying to process the information. "Father...?"

"Aiden." Silvia brought his attention to her speech, "This place isn't safe for you, you must find a way with Amelia and get out of here."

She continued, "Before you leave, even if you're too young to grasp it, I must tell you everything.

13 years ago, My husband strangled me to death, while Amelia was only four days old. Ozias, your father, my brother, murdered him in vengeance. He surreptitiously utilized black magic and trapped my soul in this living world.

I was pleased with it because I was able to see Amelia grow under your mother, Eliza's care. Five years later, Eliza gave birth to you. Everything was calm.

You used to play with Amelia's hair and grins brightly whenever she asked, 'Does it feel good when you play with my hair?'"

Silvia paused, seemed guilty, and then proceeded. "However, watching Eliza embrace and care for you both, made me jealous. I longed to embrace Amelia as well. I felt lonely, but didn't wanted to tell Ozias since I knew he'd do anything to fulfill my wishes.

But he eventually found out.

He decided to kill his wife and trap her spirit.

Because of me, Eliza died. I knew Ozias would do the same thing to Amelia and you, so I forced you both to leave. Amelia was successful in saving you but got herself caught. You were only three years old at that time, so I don't blame you for forgetting.

He killed my daughter and smiled as he placed her cursed body in the coffin and brought her soul to me.

(TO BE CONTINUED)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for taking time to read this chapter, stay safe and healthy.

Let's discuss the story in comments section.

               へ  ♡  ╱|、
         ૮  >  <)     (˚ˎ 。7     
          /  ⁻  ៸|      |、˜〵      
     乀(ˍ, ل ل       じしˍ,)ノ