You Did This

Request: no

Warnings: successful suicide, major character death, suicide blame

Pairing: Katsuki Bakugo X Reader

Title: You Did This

"Yeah, mom. I'm on my way- no, Izuku's staying after for tutoring, remember?" you talked with your mother on the phone as students rushed past you to either their parents cars, the buses, or just walk home.

"Yeah, yeah. I know. Mhm hey-" you were talking with your mother and noticed that it was a few minutes after everyone should have been out of the building. Thankfully, you were, because you saw Katsuki Bakugo, your brother's tormentor, bully, whatever you want to call it, walk out with two of his friends.

Your eyes narrowed.

Izuku was still there, too. You hoped Katsuki hadn't caused any trouble.

Your eyes trailed up the length of the school building, skimming lightly over what your mother was saying to you on the phone.

When your eyes reached the roof, they widened.

"Izuku!?" your voice traveled across the campus of your middle school.

Your mother had stopped mid rant and asked multiple times "what's wrong?" "Is he hurt?" "Y/n, dear, what's going on?"

You dropped your phone and ran.

You threw your backpack on the ground, trying to lighten your load as you sprinted up to the building.

You were on the other side of the road. You weren't going to make it in time.

"Izuku, back up! Please, don't do this!" you yelled frantically, trying to convince your brother to stay. To stay with you.

He only looked down at you from the ledge of the building, shaking his head with a melancholy expression on his face.

"No. No, NO! Please, back up!" you shouted as he stepped forward, the edges of his shoes hanging over the side.

You kept running. You were nowhere close enough.

And then, he just walked off the edge.

As his body fell, your feet tried desperately to keep up, but as you let out one more painful cry, his body harshly hit the ground, his blood splattering on the side of the building and the concrete ground, a sign to show that the building was tall enough.

You didn't stop running and when you reached him, you dropped to your knees.

Tears streamed endlessly down your face as your gaze met your brother's lifeless one.

You cradled his head in your lap, sobbing helplessly.

Someone had to have heard you screaming, right?

Unfortunately, the wrong person did.

Katsuki and his friends curiously walked back over to the front of the school.

Katsuki's red eyes widened with regret. Holy shit. This was his fault.

His breathing became ragged and unsteady. Like he was having a panic attack.

"D-Deku?"

You looked over at him with red, puffy eyes and tear stained cheeks.

"You-"

He shook his head in disbelief.

"You - you did this!" you yelled, your voice cracking in agony.

"You fucking did this, didn't you!? You just couldnt fucking stop, could you!?" you screamed.

Now, it is starting to attract attention. A lady nearby had called authorities and you could hear the sirens in the background.

He stood there, unmoving with his jaw slack in shock.

His other two friends had immediately turned the other way and ran, not wanting to be any part of this.

That was okay. You knew their names.

Izuku Midoriya's dream was to become the best hero he can be alongside his sister. Unfortunately, only half of his dream would come true.

You made sure that the next time you saw Katsuki Bakugo, that his face would be fucked up for a long time.