6

Me and Tylil enter the dark atmosphere, we watch the familiar bodies dance. They're mostly people from school

Someone from my chemistry class is doing a handstand on the keg that's in the middle of the floor.

The loud rap music hurts my ears, and it smells like weed and liquor in here...

Now I have to make sure I get Tylil somewhere safe before I wander off with my friends.

"There's my friends over there," Tylil points.

"I'm gonna have to meet him—make sure he's not high or drunk."

He smacks his lips, "Bruh—aight cmon."

We walk over to his "friend,"

"If my brother don't come back safe—I'm beating all of y'all ass," I say as Tylil smacks his lips and shakes his head.

But I'm serious...

His friend laughs, "Bruh Tylil is always safe wit us," his friend says.

I smile "Good, love you Ty!!" I yell over the music as I walk away.

Since I see the bar already I go over there quickly and grab two shots that seem to be 1942 tequila.

I quickly down them, then I look for the group.

As I'm making my way towards the group—I get pulled into a small bathroom.

Suddenly the light flicks on, and I see the person who pulled me in here is Selene.

Her soft, tatted hands are now on my waist.

I put my hand on my heart that's beating out of my chest.

"Damn—you scared me," I voice as she flashes her shiny gold grillz.

Her eyes are red again, but this time they're watery—like she's been crying.

"You think I can have one of those hugs again?" She asks.

I toss my purse into the sink, then I nod, smiling as I wrap my arms around her neck and bring her into a sweet embrace.

Her tatted arms wrap around my waist, bringing me so close that it feels like I'm melting into her.

A unfamiliar feeling rushes through my body as we take deep breaths, still holding on.

She runs her soft hands up and down my bare back.

I hear her sniffle, so something bad must've happened...

"Tell me," I whisper softly as I rest my head in the crook of her neck.

"My mom hit me," she breathes out, "And it was an instinct to hit her back—so I did—then I just left and came here."

Damn...

I pull away from the hug and wipe the falling tears from Selene's soft face and keeping my hands on her neck as I comfort and reassure her that everything is going to be alright.

She just nods, placing her hands on top of mine as we sit in a comfortable silence and gaze into each others eyes.

The eye contact we holds pours out many secrets—many poems.

She leans in slightly with her puffy pink lips.

I lean in too, meeting her lips half way.

Although I've only ever kissed one person before, it feels so natural with her.

It feels like I'm supposed to be in her embrace—kissing her like this.

Her hands go to my neck as she deepens the kiss, adding her warm tongue.