Masky

"Masky" is an affectionate name given to the unidentified masked figure who appears in the footage of the incidents. His most prominent appearances are in and . Masky is identified by the effeminate white mask with shadowed eyes that he wears at all times.

Masky appears initially hostile, having been seen attacking Jay in Entry #18. In other appearances, Masky neglects potential opportunities to hurt or kill Jay, implying that his motives A) have changed, B) are clouded or C) were not to cause harm in the first place. It has also been theorized that Masky was pushing Jay aside to protect him from the Slender Man, rather than to hurt him.

It is most commonly presumed that Masky is an observer or a psychologically troubled protagonist. His behavior is indecipherable when judged alone.

In , Alex and Jay manage to subdue Masky long enough to remove his mask, revealing his identity to indeed be Tim. Alex is subsequently seen attempting to attack Masky with a rock. Masky appears chronologically later in the series, , so it would seem he survived the rock encounter. In a later entry while Jay is reviewing the tapes he finds that there is some corrupted footage. he manages to recover some of it and shows Alex talking with Jay, in which Alex says he only broke Tim's leg and "could have done worse and probably should of" this implies that the two could of left Tim at the house and that Tim is most likely still alive.