𝚃𝚊𝚕𝚔𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚃𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚛𝚞𝚖𝚜

Tapping my feet against the ground, I impatiently waited for Josh to arrive. He was supposed to be back from Theo's about twenty minutes ago. I didn't know how he'd react to Sutton being sick. I had gone to visit her yesterday, and she looked more frail than ever. I don't know why I let it affect me, but I did feel bad for her.

I had a detailed discussion with the doctor, who said that they might have to operate on her liver, and that the surgery would be a little risky. The cost was much more than she could afford. But I'd told them to go through with it. I didn't tell her that I would be paying instead of her, because I knew she was too stubborn and proud to let me do that. 

My phone buzzed and I took it out to see that Amy was texting me. Without meaning to, I grinned wide and began reading her texts. 

AM: ATLAS WE HAVE A CRISIS HERE
AM: HeLp
AT: What happened? Calm down.
AM: EMMY'S CRYING AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO
AT: Where's Ryle?
AM: He's out running some errands.
AT: Well, text Lily, then.
AM: SO I CAN PROVE THAT I'M A DISAPPOINTMENT, HUH? 
AT: Video-call me, you dunderhead.

Just a second later, the phone rang and I picked it up. I barely stifled my laughter. Amy's hair looked dishevelled, her face was pale, and her eyes had a wild look. Hastily, she pointed the camera to Emmy, who was bawling. That wiped the amused smile off my face. 

"Look who's here, Emmy. Daddy's here. Look." Amy whispered, and Emmy perked up. When she saw my face, her brow furrowed.

"Hi, Emmy. Why're you crying?"

"I-I don't like her." she muttered.

"Who?"

She pointed at Amy.

"Why?" I asked.

"S-she tried to give me oatmeal r-raisin cookies."

"And?"

"What do you mean?"

"So you don't like her just because of the cookies?"

She nodded, trying to look discreet.

Amy switched the camera to me and raised an eyebrow, looking almost desperate.

"Why would you gave her oatmeal raisin when chocolate chips exist?"

"It was the only thing I had at home!"

"Well, I guess you should, I don't know, apologise to her or something. Maybe that'll-"

"I'm so, so sorry for trying to give you those cookies, Emmy. Can you f-forgive me?"

She said that while fake-crying, and even did sit-ups. I rolled my eyes.

Drama queen.

"N-no, don't cry. I don't like crying." Emmy said.

"So you forgive me?"

"Yes! Now can we make cookies together?"

"Hey, that's our tradition!" I butted in.

Emmy stuck her tongue out at me, and so did Amy. Honestly, I don't understand the difference between them both. Amy's practically a six-year old too. 

Anyway, they disconnected the call, and at that moment, Josh also came in. He looked sweaty, and when I raised an eyebrow, he sighed.

"Baseball." he muttered.

"Have you heard about Sutton?" I asked, trying not to divert my gaze.

"What about her?"

"Uh, you might wanna-"