Canterbury Junior Rugby League Subsidy: Encouraging Active Lifestyles

Canterbury Junior Rugby League Subsidy Alleviating Costs to Families

Families in the Canterbury-Bankstown Local Government Area can now breathe a sigh of relief, thanks to the new Canterbury League Club sports subsidy program. In a collaborative effort with the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs Rugby League Club, this initiative aims to ease the financial burden on families with children participating in grassroots junior rugby league.

The 2024 Canterbury is designed to cover team registration fees up to $100 per child for those who meet the age criteria, ranging from Under 5s to Under 13s within the Canterbury-Bankstown Junior Rugby League district. This subsidy is a significant step toward making sports accessible to all children in the area, irrespective of their family's financial situation.

"We wanted to remove obstacles preventing children from participating in grassroots rugby league in our local area, especially considering the costs of living have shot up dramatically these past few years," said Peter Winchester, Chairman of Canterbury League Club. This thoughtful initiative ensures that more children can enjoy the benefits of participating in sports, learning essential values such as teamwork, leadership, and inclusivity.

The response to this year's program has been overwhelmingly positive, with 1,687 eligible kids signing up, marking an increase from last year's participation numbers. "It is fantastic to see more children participating in sports – and learning the values of teamwork, leadership, and inclusivity. We hope to welcome even more kids to the program in the coming years," Peter added.

The Canterbury League Club's commitment to support extends beyond the rugby field. The club offers various facilities and services that cater to the local community, including the popular . This venue is a favorite among locals, providing a vibrant atmosphere to enjoy live sports, socialize, and relax. Whether you're catching up on the latest rugby league match or enjoying a meal with friends, the Bulldogs Sports Bar at Canterbury League Club offers an unmatched experience.

To learn more about the Canterbury League Club and its initiatives, including the , visit Canterbury League Club.

This subsidy program is a testament to Canterbury League Club's dedication to fostering a supportive and inclusive community. By alleviating the financial pressures on families, they are not only promoting physical activity and healthy lifestyles but also nurturing the next generation of rugby league talent.

With the success of this year's program, the future looks bright for junior rugby league in Canterbury-Bankstown. The Canterbury League Club continues to play a pivotal role in the community, ensuring that all children have the opportunity to participate in and benefit from sports.

For more information on the Canterbury Junior Rugby League Subsidy Program and other community initiatives, visit the .

About Us

The is a vibrant and inclusive community club that has been serving the people of Canterbury-Bankstown for over 60 years. We offer a wide range of facilities and services, including dining, entertainment, sporting, and recreation. We are also committed to giving back to the community through our charitable initiatives.

Whether you are a local resident, a visitor to the area, or a member of the Bulldogs family, we welcome you to the . We are your home away from home

Here are some of the things that make the Canterbury League Club special:

· We are a family-friendly club that offers a variety of activities for people of all ages.

· We are committed to supporting local businesses and community groups.

· We offer a wide range of dining options, from casual to fine dining.

· We host a variety of live entertainment events, from comedy shows to concerts.

· We have a state-of-the-art sports bar with all the latest sporting events on TV.

· We have a number of function rooms that can be booked for private events

Contact Us:

26 Bridge Rd, Belmore NSW

2192 Australia

02 9704 7777

Email: info@canterbury.com.au

We hope you will join us soon and experience all that the Canterbury League Club has to offer.