𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

first of all—so sorry, it's been a month

first of all—so sorry, it's been a month. I'll try get into the regular flow of updates again. thank you so SO much for 100k reads! this marks the halfway point of this fic, thank you so much for the support! as a result you get a little reward at the end of :)

comment along the way! I think motivation took a hit when this fic didn't get as many comments somewhat and I'm an attention whore lol

.

.

A WEAKNESS.

Y/n L/n was Andrei's biggest weakness. Andrei Ivanov was loathed by the other members of the underground elite—he was too powerful, they said, too much so. Their businesses had suffered because of him. Their men had taken a critical hit because of him—if they did not get rid of him, their lives would be at stake.

For years they had tried to exploit a weakness. Andrei Ivanov, however, was much too guarded. He was ruthless in his dealings, often cold and cynical, and was daredevil enough to plunge himself into life threatening situations with him emerging victorious. There had been no woman by his side that he had married. He had no affairs with anyone, despite countless honeypot missions. Many assumed it was because Andrei was so unfeeling he would never feel anything for anyone alive—but the day Y/n had been retrieved, there had been an opening.

Security was tight, even more so with Andrei's supposed lover.  An opening. They needed an opening.

And they had succeeded. It was a flimsy plan, but it proved to work. And now seeds of doubt could be planted. Soon a rumour would spread—that Y/n L/n was a mole, a weakness, a traitor—and soon Y/n would be cast out, and they could  exploit this moment of weakness to kill Andrei. Or even better, make Andrei die at the hands of Y/n himself. That was plausible, but now since Andrei had discovered Y/n earlier than they had, it was better to kill Y/n instead.

"How is the situation at the Ivanov residence?"

"Y/n is being operated on now."

"...Is that so? Let's see if he survives. if he doesn't, then monitor the outcome. Spread the rumours that Y/n is the traitor."

"But the Pakhan wouldn't believe that, would he?"

"No," she smiled, "but Y/n would. And he'll start to self doubt—he'll be the cause of his own destruction. And soon Andrei and him will start to loathe each other—and Y/n will kill Andrei. I'll make it happen."

"To destroy Andrei, we need to target Y/n."

The lady crossed her arms and grinned with satisfaction. "Precisely."

.

.

PRESENT

.