Prologue

Remember that this is a work of fiction. So much I've written about the parks isn't true- also, the family tree isn't accurate at all to the real 'Disney' family. If you're informed on who Walt's children are, for my story, Walt and Lillian's only child is Diane.

-

"But Gran

"But Gran .. magic doesn't really exist."

- Giselle Disney

──── {⋅. .⋅} ────

Christmas Eve
December, 1989

IT WAS AS COLD AS IT COULD GET IN ORLANDO, FLORIDA- the storm that passed through last week produced a very welcoming cold front. The low of the day, and the current temperature outside, was fifty-two degrees. As the rest of the city celebrated the festivities of the day surrounded by friends and families, the descendants of Walt Disney were no different. It was just the location where they celebrated the holiday that was a bit more extravagant than the everyday family.

Sitting in the middle of Seven Seas Lagoon, right between the Magic Kingdom and Polynesian Resort, was a large island called 'Flora Isle'- named after Walt and Roy's beloved mother. A large French-style chateau accompanied the land and was surrounded by trees so only guests of the parks could spot the tops of its roof peeking out. The rest of the island estate housed various activities such as a pool, greenhouse, tennis court, orange grove, and more. Like it had leaped from the pages of a storybook- and that's exactly what Walt envisioned.

Imagined by Walt and built by Roy, Disney Manor was envisioned to be the residence for the extended family to live out their days with fourteen bedrooms and sixteen bathrooms. The only way to access the island was by boat which only heightened their privacy. A total of nine people made up this family and eight people called this manor their home.

The only family member who opted out of moving into this manor was Lillian Disney, Walt's late wife. She was loyal to California. At the home, she had shared with her husband and raised her only child- a daughter named Diane. But she made sure to make the journey to attend family gatherings and holidays such as today. At ninety years old, she was a living legend and was treated as such by all those who knew her. She however hated all the fuss and attention that gave her. "You'd tire an old woman out." She'd tell her two grandchildren and their spouses- Her daughter was the worst of them.

Lillian had been staying at the manor since early November for the premiere of 'The Little Mermaid' and planned to leave the week after New Year's. At times, she threatened to leave earlier but the family knew it was all jokes with her. She'd never miss out on time with her family and watch her great-grandchildren grow. Giselle and Hugh were cousins and the youngest in the family. The three of them were currently sitting in the library which was the perfect setting for what Lillian wanted to tell the children- a story of their family origins now that they are old enough to retain the info with Giselle at thirteen and Hugh being eight.