Epilogue

Aemond and Orya spent their first night together in Maidenpool, in the guesthouse where they had first arrived. The rooms were simple but perfectly clean. If the circumstances had been different, the Lord would have prepared a different accommodation, more fitting to a royal prince and his new wife, but the room they had was perfectly enough for the new couple. They couldn't be more happy and feeling finally at peace, with no fear hanging over their shoulders about plotting and schemes over their wedding. What was sworn in faith was a serious thing, their union was now sanctified. Aemond wrote a letter to Alicent prior to leaving, letting his mother know of his plans. They departed after attending dinner with the family, but no word was spoken to anyone about the wedding, so Aemond felt the need, and the duty, to inform his mother, leaving the letter in his chambers.

Dear Mother,

When you read this, I will already be on my way. The recent events regarding my marriage with Lady Orya have made me take a drastic solution. When I was ill, there were moments where my heart hurt so much that I really thought the stranger was sitting on top of my chest, counting time to take my soul. In a way, it made me live in a different way, and see life in a different light too. I have your approval, and Halaena's too, to marry the woman I love, that's all that I need. Tonight, I will marry Lady Orya on the Isle of Faces, so that no man will tear us apart. We will spend some days in Winterfell afterwards, so Orya can also be reunited with her family, and explain them our decisions. After this, you are of course free to settle any formal ceremony in King's Landing, a public event, but it will be only performative, for that my soul will already be one with Orya's. I ask for your forgiveness on this volatile action, but I hope you understand. I am very happy, and soon I will be at peace, when I finally call her my wife.

From your son Aemond, who loves you unconditionally.

  When they arrived at the chambers, a certain shyness could be tasted, but also curiosity, and Orya took the lead. She kissed him, felt his chest and shoulders, and then spoke:

"We are now husband and wife, one soul one flesh; there's only one thing missing..." Orya said, looking at him and taking off her clothes. In a moment she was nude, her tanned skin illuminated by the candles, with only her dark hair covering it. Aemond gazed at her in bed; he was as much excited as he was anxious for that moment. Slowly their skin burned together. When they finished, the first rays of daylight covered them. Orya kissed his pale chest, still moving fast, before falling asleep on top of her now husband.

  In Winterfell, the climate was prosperous and there was happiness among the Starks and the Dornish people; even if the Southerners were struggling with the weather, they enjoyed it. As for Meriah, she was finally betrothed to Lord Eren Stark. She was writing to her cousin telling her the big news:

"...For you see my dear Orya, I am also to be wedded to this wolf in the North; but I have to ask you: is your betrothal to Prince Aemond already official? Because the news of it even arrived in the Northern lands; so I must assume it is by now. You must set a date for the wedding and tell me as soon as possible."

  However, before Meriah finished writing her letter, a messenger came running as fast as he could, screaming for Lord Stark:

-My lord! My lord! It's a dragon! A huge dragon in the sky! God save us! We are doomed!

- Easy child, - Lord Stark said - We aren't at war, it's surely one of the Targaryens. We must not fear... And if it is such a huge dragon then it must be...

- Prince Aemond... That's Vhagar! - Meriah said, pointing at the sky with her mouth still open.

  When they landed she could finally see. Prince Aemond was not alone, Orya flew with him, and in her shoulders she carried a big and warm Targaryen cloak. Prince Aemond Targaryen and Lady Orya Martell were now husband and wife, they had married in secret, like the late Jaehaerys and good Queen Alyssane. Aemond helped his lady wife descend from Vhagar, and as soon as they landed their feet on soil, Meriah came running to them.

- My dear Orya!! Wasn't expecting to see you here, tell me please, why are you here with Prince Aemond? Do you come to officially your betrothal? Is your Highness fully recovered? - Meriah said after hugging her cousin.

- Well... You see, we have already married - Orya said while blushing and tightening her hand into Aemond's arm.

- I'm sorry Lady Meriah - Aemond spoke - The situation we were facing in King's Landing was rather delicate... I decided to marry Orya in the Isle of Faces last night so that nothing else could be put in the way. Please don't take it in the wrong way, I'm sure Orya would be delighted to have a proper celebration with all her family as I would...

- Oh please there's no need to be sorry for this is a happy day! I'll hear all about it please!

  The prince and Orya accompanied Meriah, she introduced them to Lord Stark in a much closer way than it was in King's Landing and let them know of their engagement. After that she demanded Orya to tell with detail of all that happened since she was gone from the Red Keep. Meriah kept her occupied for a while until she finally let her free to be with Aemond and cherish their new circumstances of newly wed. And so the prince rested his head on his wife's lap while she caressed his hair and rested her other hand on his chest rejoicing at times of peace and contentment under the trees of Winterfell.