Brother Dearest | Anthony B.

The bright sun of the tea room beamed on you as you sat with your head in your hands. You where staring at the ground, having to tell your best friend Daphne the news your brother had told you this morning. The two of you sat across from each other, silently debating on what to say or do about the situation. In your mind, there wasn't much you could do. Your brother made it very clear on what was going to happen. You either become engaged by the end of the week, or he marries you off to some wealthy old man. 

"I just do not know what to do. I have only been on the market for a year why is he so ready to send me off."

Daphne looked at you solemnly, gently patting your shoulder as you continued to stare at the carpet. She felt bad for your situation, but she had already devised a solution to your issue that you where unaware of.

"Do not stress too much, I know of someone who would marry you in a heartbeat."

Your head snapped up, your shocked expression making Daphne giggle. Your interest in who she was talking about suddenly replaced the thoughts of your doomed future. 

"Who? Oh Daphne you must tell me. You better not be hinting at who I think you are."

Daphne's mischievous smile told you all that you needed to know. With a slight groan you rolled your eyes and went back to your sulking posture. Ever since you told Daphne about your childhood crush on her eldest brother, she has made it a point to mention him every chance she got. Much to your displeasure of course. Your family and the Bridgerton family have been close since you where born, making you close friends with the oldest Bridgerton brother. Once you were fifteen, however, the two of you grew apart. You actually found yourself being annoyed by him more and more each day, and you were sure he felt the same. Daphne was sure that you two would end up marrying, but you refused to even entertain the idea.

"You know as well as I do that he would, do not even try to deny it."

"We have not even had a conversation without arguing since our youth, what would make you believe we would even get close to being married."

Before Daphne could respond the large wooden doors to the tea room practically flew off the hinges. You frantically looked behind you in shock at the loud noise, but immediately calmed when the source of the loud noise was simply Benedict. An audible sigh could be heard from Daphne as the two of you watched him and Colin stand next to the couches. You looked at them with a puzzled expression before Benedict began to speak.

"Your brother told us about your...Unfortunate situation...But fear not my lady! My dear brother  and I have agreed to help you find a suitor at the ball tonight. We understand you did not request our assistance, but we are doing this out of the kindness of our hearts and concerns for your future, no payment required."

Benedict announced with a proud look on his face. Colin looked less excited than his brother, opting to just stand and smile at you. His announcement stunned you into silence. You glanced at Daphne, who looked at her brothers seemingly baffled at their plan. Before you could reject the idea they spoke again.

"Before you shut down the idea, just know that we have connections and the great talent of persuasion." 

You looked at the two with a confused expression, not knowing what to say to the two. You looked at Daphne, who looked just as confused as you, shrugged her shoulders. You weighed the options in your mind. Leave the husband finding to you, which will significantly lower your odds of marrying someone interesting, or leave it to the Bridgertons, who will at least try to make you happy. You took a deep breath before responding.